Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

james'99

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Yeah, hopefully it will be fixed by tightening the core. I just need the right tool to tighten it up tho. Idt it was the cap, since I've had these caps for a long time w/ no prob 'till this. I guess I may have yanked it off too hard, and loosened the core, when I renewed the stem sleeves. I need a miniature pliers or something. Time to dig up my wife's craft tool box. lol

Would something to this effect be helpful?

Tool: Click Here

Or:http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-14100-Valve-Core-Tool/dp/B000P0VT8M

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Inspected the front ball joint bushing (OEM) while I was at it. No signs of damage like the one I had it before (Ingalls). As you can see, my Tein SA can go about 0.5 inch lower. :)
IMAG5036_zpsyqy9lc6g.jpg

Hey Richard....... C'mon

Saw the pic. It's okay, you will be lowered... and lowered... and lowered lol. So, mind as well lower them all the way. :boink:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Still being a bit lazy here, and haven't dug up my wife's crafts box yet haha.

Oh, so there is a specific tool for it; Good to know! If I can't tighten it up with the stuff I have it at home, I'll order one of those. :thumbsup: Thanks for lmk, James.

Hey Richard....... C'mon
Saw the pic. It's okay, you will be lowered... and lowered... and lowered lol. So, mind as well lower them all the way. :boink:
Oh, I said that to ya huh lol.

I do want to lower it all the way down at one point, but my garage drive way is kinda steep and it already scrapes my front lip now..

I can park back-in w/ no prob, but my wife hates me doing that b/c it stinks up the garage, and she can't stand that smell...

But I have a feeling that I'll max it out 'n deal with it somehow down the road tho. Slowly but surely. ;)

james'99

Reaction score

Still being a bit lazy here, and haven't dug up my wife's crafts box yet haha.

Oh, so there is a specific tool for it; Good to know! If I can't tighten it up with the stuff I have it at home, I'll order one of those. :thumbsup: Thanks for lmk, James.

Not a problem, buddy! I didn't even know if a such thing existed but I was thinking about all applications so I decided to research it. Obviously I learned something too!

xci.ed6

Reaction score

ouch!

It is nice, but mine were free :p

like this:
A4824T_09.jpg

see the butt-end?

In an emergency you can probly get away with pocketknife tweezers (like Swiss Army knives)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Not a problem, buddy! I didn't even know if a such thing existed but I was thinking about all applications so I decided to research it. Obviously I learned something too!
:thumbsup:

ouch!

It is nice, but mine were free :p

like this:
A4824T_09.jpg

see the butt-end?

In an emergency you can probly get away with pocketknife tweezers (like Swiss Army knives)
Yea I see it; that's cool.

That's what I'm thinking, too but I'm just being super lazy here.. Have been adding air once every 3~4 days or so. :p

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Well, I couldn't use a good tool for my valve core at my place. Didn't wanna damage the core with an improper tool, so I stopped by at my usual gas station to get some air for my tire, again. A mechanic remembered me, since that was like my fifth time of doing it lol. He asked me what's up, and I explained 'n asked him to see if I could borrow his valve tool.

He lent me one w/ the soap water spray bottle, and it took 2 seconds to fix it lol. Gave him a tip, and went to work.

Problem solved, but I'm gonna buy the valve tool, so I can have a preventative maintenance from now on.

Will be having an oil change service tomorrow at the shop where they will work on my exhausts system upgrade. The car will be up on the lifter for the oil change, so I'll get to see it and discuss further w/ them about the custom y-pipe 'n so forth. :) Hopefully, the upgrade will be completed within this month.

james'99

Reaction score

Well, I couldn't use a good tool for my valve core at my place. Didn't wanna damage the core with an improper tool, so I stopped by at my usual gas station to get some air for my tire, again. A mechanic remembered me, since that was like my fifth time of doing it lol. He asked me what's up, and I explained 'n asked him to see if I could borrow his valve tool.

He lent me one w/ the soap water spray bottle, and it took 2 seconds to fix it lol. Gave him a tip, and went to work.

Problem solved, but I'm gonna buy the valve tool, so I can have a preventative maintenance from now on.

Will be having an oil change service tomorrow at the shop where they will work on my exhausts system upgrade. The car will be up on the lifter for the oil change, so I'll get to see it and discuss further w/ them about the custom y-pipe 'n so forth. :) Hopefully, the upgrade will be completed within this month.

:thumbsup:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Had an oil change today at the shop. Talked to them about my upcoming exhausts system upgrade plan.

Was debating to go with either oem cat converter or an aftermarket one, but they said aftermarket cats tend to throw you engine codes a lot quicker than oem's. My 13-year-old oem cat emits relatively some strong smell of gas, but it has never gave me codes ever since I got the car 8 years ago, so it proves it. Decided to go w/ oem's.

Also confirmed w/ them that the oem midmuffler & the resonator will be the most quiet ones to go with. (I like my car being quiet as much as possible.)Decided to go w/ oem's.

The Y-pipe will be custom-made in stainless steel, but not too sure about how the configuration will be, until they take a look at the mufflers I will be getting.

Time for me to purchase the mufflers. :chewie:

HollywoodHam

Reaction score

Very clean thus far! Welcome and keep up the great build.

Back