Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Yeah, the cubby hole is a good place for it. I realized that these new ones have some sort of textures to blend in with a dashboard. Back then, these sheets use to look like a mouse pad.

Yes sir, it's the FF holder lol.
Ahaha! That's what I thought. This is gotta be an innovative thing in US!

I've seeing these kind of new ideas of utilities to spend more time in a vehicle, specially after the tsunami disaster in '11. Many people lost their home during that year, and these aftermarket car goods companies focused their ideas on things that help people stay in their car w/ more comfort. Things like full-flat mattresses, thermal window curtains, small microwaves & refrigerators, and this FF holder lol.

3M VentureShield Paint Protection Film on the front lip.

cb06e309-aa25-486f-ad57-a60dab7a9f09_zpseb2fac02.jpg

1394209b-e248-4f9a-8617-3ed8c31823ab_zps43a6c7f0.jpg

Hopefully this front lip will be my first & last one for a long time. Now with the new front bumper since July, it makes me want to polish the hood but IDK.. It's just these below freezing days lately...

How much did that run you? did you have to go to a shop or DIY? I need this bad because I have repainted my lip literally like 5 times hahaha I am repainting it again and I hope this is the last time I will have to do it. I wanna add this on after I paint it before reinstalling it

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

I feel the exact same way! Haha! Everything is looking great as always!
Thanks, man! Yeah, I'm loosing my mod bug here, but hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic somehow. ;)

How much did that run you? did you have to go to a shop or DIY? I need this bad because I have repainted my lip literally like 5 times hahaha I am repainting it again and I hope this is the last time I will have to do it. I wanna add this on after I paint it before reinstalling it
PM'ed ya!

Well... I was gonna have the major maintenance done last week but... I couldn't make it... Will try this week!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Don't lose that mod bug! I don't do much in the winter either though, the garage is well insulated but my hate for the cold knows no bounds. Though it has been in the 60's lately and I am very thankful.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Yeah, man.. I'm trying not to loose that, but it's just hard these (fawking cold) days haha. I bought the portable heater for my prospective DIY projects in my garage, but instead, it's in my room, warming up my feet atm lol.

My prospective mod plans are pretty certained to be pursued, but the maintenance is the first priority here, such as replacing engine gaskets, spark plugs, valve clearance, AT fluid change, wheel alignment, new battery & wiper blades, and possibly 4 new tires as well...

The first 4 things in the above will be done next wk for sure, but.. Man, so much stuff (for me) to get them done before I mod anything. Well, at least my "maintenance bug" is still kicking in tho.

In 60's over there!? That's awesome! :love:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I bought the portable heater for my prospective DIY projects in my garage, but instead, it's in my room, warming up my feet atm lol.

haha

Well it's in the 40's now, but supposed to jump back up into high 50's/low 60's next week. Thanks El Nino!

At some point I want to get all my suspension bushings replaced. With the car being 16 years old and lowered a decent amount, it would probably be a good thing to do.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ The heater is taken by my wife, who's wrapping some Christmas gifts in front of me atm lol.

It might snow tomorrow / the day after! Possibly a white Christmas this year.. Sounds cool, but... Snow... sigh..

Good call. Makes me want to be aware of that as well. :boink:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Getting some parts for the upcoming +150K preventative maintenance along with valve clearance adjustment, sparkplugs replacement, and throttle body cleaning.

OEM Engine head cover gasket set x2.
4c1c153bf08dda4c5f9037e5d60a76cc.jpg

OEM Intake manifold plenum gasket & NGK platinum spark plugs.
eb3443db3454f6f2fac759f2533a6c2d.jpg

Got the gaskets 18 bucks cheaper than what the shop had quoted me. :)

6GA's OEM spark plugs are NGK's platinum series (#4363 "OE Platinum") but I got (#7098 "G-Power") which was one of their choices available for this car. There was the Iridium series available as well, but this G series is supposed to meet and exceed the OEM spec. Well, we'll see how it goes, proly in a long run lol.
Just had the aforementioned service & parts replaced.

(It gets so busy during the holiday season, and I literally couldn't do anything besides mainly working. I even had to postpone the service for a while..:( But I could save some $ for this. :))

Before this, the engine seemed a bit strained. And, what a difference it makes after all. :) It feels like the car wants to accelerate forever, as I step on the paddle. (That's how it should be lol.) Well, the goal is to keep her running healthy, but my J30A1 is now telling me that I don't need the J32 swap lol.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I recall one of the ignition coil was damaged, and it had to be renewed. It was b/c it happened to be clenched improperly (it wasn't screwed correctly in.) I have no idea when that happened, until I found that out @ 85K mi for the 1st-time spark plug replacement. Bought the car @ 59K mi, and at that time, I just thought that the plugs were simply untouched, until they're time to be replaced. That's why I didn't bother to inspect them, ever since the day one until I found that out.. I remember I even searched for any records of the seller's service histories's indicating any spark plug related work being done, but there was none that I could get..

A~a~nyways.. but just b/c that happened before, I decided to prepare another new coil this time again in addition to the new sparkplugs, just in case, if that previously renewed coil is still wearing out. However, the coil is not an OEM this time. Denso Direct Ignition Coil. ← (Idk y but it sounds fancy to me lol.) Price was about the same as Honda coils, but a tad expensive iirc.
IMAG5968_zpsajhkmu92.jpg

I have a good impression of Denso being able to meet/exceed OEM spec, based on the fact about our alternator on V6 models, and I am further interested to try some of their other replacement parts for my car when the time comes. :)
My mechanic told me that all of my ignition coils were clean. All coils had no signs of any wear or damage, so he didn't need to use the Denso's coil. I take it as a good news, meaning that the previous problem as been permanently resolved. :peace:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Yeah, pretty pessimistic, right? I do want the J32, but this refreshed engine's telling me not (for a while). :33: Thank you, sir! (Although I'm from Japan, my parents are Christian and I celebrate Christmas, too. :)) Enjoy the rest of the '15, and have a happy new year! :cheers:

Back