I love special K :)

nyknick1015

Reaction score
dont forget, becareful with the firewall... if you go into it, you will never past inspection, its illegal to mod the firewall... just a little precaution to keep in the back of ur mind

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, in MD we don't have early inspection just smog. I was not going to hack the firewall anyway just shave the engine bay a little but nothing crazy but the engine bay and firewall will be empty since the K won't take up much room leaves more room to play with if needed.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
6spd J series goodness coming soon I think not :) Speaking of 6spd I won't be using he RSX-S or TSX 6spd I'll be using a 5spd with LSD added since I may plan to boost and think the longer gears will be better for the type of driving I do in the city. Also the accord or RSX base 5spd trans is 2 times cheaper and some of the RSX owners have gone from 6spd to 5spd and love it.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
i dunnnooooooooooo 6 gears is funn.. nothing beats 135mph @ 6,000 rpms in 4th haha

when i was racing my friend and his prelude, he was in 5th and his car was SCREAMING bloody murder about to rev out 5th @ 140. and im slowly creaping up pushing 4th.. i still have 5th and then my slug6th

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
6spd J series goodness coming soon I think not :) Speaking of 6spd I won't be using he RSX-S or TSX 6spd I'll be using a 5spd with LSD added since I may plan to boost and think the longer gears will be better for the type of driving I do in the city. Also the accord or RSX base 5spd trans is 2 times cheaper and some of the RSX owners have gone from 6spd to 5spd and love it.

What car will the 5-speed come from?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
im guessing the early RSX... or you can even use the 7th gen accords tranny... didnt those have K motors in them as well with 5speed gear boxes... im pretty sure if you get it from the accord it will be cheaper

Forte EXE

Reaction score
Sounds awesome homie. But one thing I'm gunna warn you about, is how low the oilpan sits. It sits ridiculously low compared to how the H22 would sit. But I dont see this as a major problem since i doubt this cars your daily. Good luck!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
darn ballers and their darn moniez

lol

congrats dre on the decision and i wish you the best of luck on the build. i do expect a SERIOUS wire and everything else tuck. no fuse box, no lines......spotless

keep us updated bro

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
LOL thanks guys I'll need as much support as possible haha. The 5spd 7th gen accord or base RSX 5spd trans is what I might end up going with. If not it will then be a TSX 6spd but I'm trying to see if this junk yard will give me a deal on a 07 K24A8 along with the 5spd trans first, the K20Z1 head is a done deal thank god for good friends that have what you need when you need it lol and he's fellow 6th gen owner or was till he got a RSX-s.

If I can't get the long block and trans deal I will just buy the motor and find a good deal on a TSX 6spd at some point before it's all said and done. I now the oil pan sits damn low it's crazy. Good thing our cars are not as low as these civics so it should be fine and the car is my daily really on and off with down time and BS. Badger I'll do my best to do all that lol it will be as spotless as possible with out making **** a pain to deal with since it will be a daily. But no AC for sure the engine bay will be shaved a little and repainted with the battery in the trunk etc so it will be clean and with a lot of room to play with.

Last edited:
Back