I love special K :)

A-cord

Reaction score
wow.. i'm crossing my fingers for you man.. i really hope everything works out.. this would really be a breakthrough for us 6ga's.

also do you know why some of the rsx owners that went from 6spd to 5spd, favored the 5spd? i think i might hop on over to crsx to check this out.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
what are the numbers really looking to get with the k20/24 setup?? I dont know much about the K motors. I all i know is the civic Si with the Kmotor gets around 195hp... would be kinda of a waste putting that motor in a heavier body isnt it?

Jeremiah

Reaction score
He's swapping in a k24, a bigger bottom end, affords more torque.

You can also take the 5 speed and convert it to a 6 speed with the proper parts. It's been done multiple times.

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Dam dude this is gonna be freaken crazy I always said if I had some serious change to mess with I would through a k24 in the accord. GL with the build, and god if you end up boosting this thing your gonna have and super sleeper cause I know k-series motors can get a butt load of hp with the right turbo and tune. Gonna be smoking all the evos lol. :omgbd::omgbd:

truonghthe

Reaction score
my buddy has a stripped down to bone 92 EG K20 all motor, exhaust intake and retune ECU. He ran 12.8 seconds.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Well to be honest I'm just doing this swap to have a new and fresh platform, I can just go and boost the h22 if I wanted to put down 300whp easy and it would be fun but pulling this swap off would be a break through for us. I would then talk with hasport,Innovative,hybrid racing to help us once they see it done. I hit up Hasport today and I'll see what I hear back from them but custom is the way to go right now I don't have time for stuff to be made even if it will ever be made and at this point with the help of Paul I'll do the swap. I'm not going to make crazy power once the car hits the ground but it will be sick and get sicker.

I want to supercharge the car but if i can turbo I'll way my options after the car is running and my pockets recover lol. It won't cost a **** load to do this swap if you have the right help and get the parts for cheap. Paul well work with my and my friend who works for acura will help me out. Getting the K20 head and the accord long block for a steal is also big factor. I've seen mild NA K20/K24 setups tuned with K-pro put down close to 250whp 190tq even more just depends how far you want to go but the car won't stay NA but the main thing is just getting this thing done and then I'll worry about the extra toys.

6spd - 5spd has been done with the RSX crew because it was better for the track and some owners just like the power band and longer gears better. Some of the 6spd's had issues also but I would like to go 5spd my self but if I find a TSX 6spd I would not cry about that lol.

Last edited:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Basic parts for the start of the build, more will be added as I confirm what I use and get more parts.

k24a8 - 2007 Accord long block (using bottom end and accessories)
K20z1 - 2005 RSX-S Complete head
K248A 5 spd accord transmission or 6spd from the k24a2 TSX-S
k24a2 TSX-S Pistons & Rods
More to come..

Parts will be mixed and matched for this type of swap. Pictures are courtesy of chameleon from K20a.org to give you an idea of some of the parts I'll have to mix and match from both motors.

IMG_0077.jpg

Here's basically a breakdown of whats NOT needed. whatever i didnt mention is in the middle meaning there is no difference between the K's (example: timing chain gear, crank sensor gear)
IMG_0078.jpg

Lets really show the difference between the K24a4 and the k24a2 rods + pistons (see the domes)
IMG_0079.jpg

taking a closer look.
IMG_0081.jpg

k24a4 block almost complete with the k24a2 pistons and rods inserted.
IMG_0087.jpg

What is needed to complete the bottom section of the block is shown here.
NOTE: modification is needed to the type s oil pump to be fitted to a k24 block (its not bolt on)
IMG_0090.jpg

completing the timing chain requirements are listed here.
IMG_0091.jpg

i really focused when i installed the type s head so halfway pics, but nothing special.
but k24a4 block and k20a2 head together in perfect harmony.
IMG_0092.jpg

Yes completed, its going to make some one very happy!
IMG_0094.jpg

Here is some eye candy of another k20/k24 frank setup Supercharged.
Blowermock-up.jpg

ActNow

Reaction score
Now I'm subscribed! I can already see it sitting in my engine bay err I mean your engine bay. Lol

Back