led gauge cluster upgrade issue

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
ok so this is my issue i upgraded all my cluster bulbes to led's and for some reason my low fuel light is always on now has anyone ever had this issue or know what could cause this the bulb was blown when i removed the old one.

thanks in advanced

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There really is no point in using an LED for the fuel light, just change it back to filament. It operates differently than the other dummy lights.

Bax

Reaction score
listen to them....i had problems with my blinkers too

Same here. experimenting can have bad consequences. haha
long story short, a long time ago i tried to put a 74 led in my blinkers.....let me just say i blew my blinkers fuse and hazard lights fuse, and shorted out the circuit for the inside right blinker indicator. :redface2:

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
why do leds for the indicator lights all over the dash?? :eh:
just get the 4 bulbs needed for the cluster itself. as for the fuel light, mine never worked to begin with

Bax

Reaction score
why do leds for the indicator lights all over the dash?? :eh:
just get the 4 bulbs needed for the cluster itself. as for the fuel light, mine never worked to begin with
it has 5 bulbs... :redface2:

racerzedge

Reaction score
Not to sound like a broken record, but yes...all you really need is to change the 4 or 5 main bulbs (depending on the car) to get that nice glow. Don't even bother changing the blinkers. The LEDs don't light up as quickly as filaments do, thus your blinker indicators won't even light up. I did this and had to pull my gauges out and put back the old bulbs. LEDs are nice, but they do draw less current than the regular filament types, so your ECU may be tricked into thinking something is faulty....but anyways, I digress.

So back to the main issue...just LED the main bulbs, put back your gauge, and enjoy.

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
Same here. experimenting can have bad consequences. haha
long story short, a long time ago i tried to put a 74 led in my blinkers.....let me just say i blew my blinkers fuse and hazard lights fuse, and shorted out the circuit for the inside right blinker indicator. :redface2:

mine was the indicators...and it looks cool when the blinker indicator is changed...for the little while that it works....but yea OP just change those back to regular bulbs and just change the four main ones and the odometer

Back