Strut mount doesn't fit over the coil

jefftaylorii@ya

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just purchased a set of truhart lowering spring for my 2000 accord ex sedan and when going to install them I found the coils are the exact same diameter as the strut mount. The coils are part number th-h407. What can I do about this I need these installed asap... please help

jefftaylorii@ya

Reaction score
May be a dumb question but the larger of the two lowering springs is for the front of the car right? I in a moment of frustration tossed the strut mount and it landed right beside a rear spring (the shorter of the two) and my daughter set it on the spring and it's a perfect fit... so now I'm really not sure what's going on... which spring goes where?

604ACCORD

Reaction score
The larger spring is for front, its smaller at the bottom and gets wider at the top, front springs are thicker than rear also

heres a pic of the fonts its all I got, hope it helps.

Last edited:

jefftaylorii@ya

Reaction score
Mine strut mounts won't fit over the larger spring... they are the exact same diameter so they just rest on top... that doesn't seem safe to me... do I need new strut mounts and if so who makes an aftermarket set that will fit around the springs

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Fronts are larger than rear also have 5 bolts at the top as the rears have 2 or 3 cant remember lol. Also check if they are wider that your springs you pulled out if they are they might of sent you wrong ones

Last edited:
Back