catalytic converter

Reaction score
My catalytic converter has a rattle so I was thinking king about doing a cat delete off ebay or would it be better to buy a new cat? I have a ulev view 5 speed.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
I have a cat delete, and in order to get rid of the CEL, you have to use two spark plug foulers drilled out with your sensor plugged into those... Trust me, honestly, if I had the money at the time, I would have went with either a replacement cat or an aftermarket Hi-Flow... The test pipe allows all the engine smells to flow through, ask any member who went to the Shrimp on the Barbie meet. Also, it makes it even more obnoxiously louder and after time, the smell and noise gets real old, real fast :beer:

1abe_a_tech

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this forum - again - but I've had my sedan with the ULEV F23A4 engine for 7 years, and have been through about5 or 6 different exhaust set-ups. I just wanted to cosign the above comment about the smell and noise. Unless you're on the track, it's definitely unnesesarily loud and funky . . . esp. if you just wanna cruise with the window down! Sweet, aromatic carbon monoxide :signs16:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
My CEL showed up a week before my cat started rattling. Do you have emissions testing where you live? A direct fit replacement cat only costs $180.

Back