Lightened OEM Crank Pulley?

spiggons420

Reaction score
Ive had the Unorthodox Racing Lightweight Crank Pulley on my 3.0 v6 for over a year now with now issues. I replaced it when doing the timing belt job.

supposedly the v6 has a harmonic balancer as well, but I havent noticed any negative effects from installing a lightweight one without the balancer.

I ordered mine from XLR8 Performance.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
D641B24.gif

1abe_a_tech

Reaction score
I used a cheaper brand lightweight crank pulley between my 2nd & 3rd timing belts - for 100,000 miles. I replaced it w/ a Honda pulley @ 3rd the timing belt install because I damaged the lighter one while removing it. Now, I beat on my car just about every time I drive it. That being said: While the lightweight pulley was on I did notice better throttle response. Not just SAYING that; when I replaced it w/ a brand new Honda pulley, I forgot that that I did that a few days afterward, and rembr wondering why my throttle response was noticeably - NOT significantly, just noticeably -more sluggish. It's been 50,000 miles of spirited driving since then, and there are no odd engine noises, i.e. rod knock, etc. This is just my $0.02.
BTW, the other company that makes REAL performance dampeners is ATI. I think it's the same one for H & F series engines, excluding the S2000 F series'.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
There should be no problem if it's balanced, but the crank is what would throw it off and do any damage. When I build my engine I'm not going to use my crank because it's thrown the crank pulley and now the crank pulley wobbles, so I guess I'll throw a few hundred at a crank that's already been turned because I was going to turn itit anyway. What I'm getting at is its probably not worth it, if you don't have a full balanced rotating assembly it's not worth the risk, once it's balanced you could probably drive it every day without a problem. That's what I'm doing, pistons, crank, flywheel, clutch, and crank pulley are all getting blueprinted and balanced and I will make sure that the crank pulley and flywheel are both individually balanced and I'm even deleting the balance shafts. If you want a real improvement then delete the balance shafts, but I can't tell you if it's going to shake itself apart or not, my d17 never even had balance shafts, so I'd say it'd be fine as most engines would, and plus it's free.

Ty92x

Reaction score
ATI Racing Dampeners are slightly lighter than stock and they make one for the H22 which should work on the F23... I'd recommend that one as your best choice in my opinion

Back