Bax

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT *Wheel update*

nice emblem :lawl:

I like it better with that spoiler, take further away pics!!! :drool:

Ratchet

Reaction score
RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT *Wheel update*

loving the new rear end! are those the M3s?

..I can see 2 hybrid bikes hanging in there. you ride a lot too?

Brad2274

Reaction score

lip spoiler looks sweet dude! excited for the new wheels

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score

I love how far you gone with the car and I especially love the new wheel set up.

The lip spoiler always make our rear end look a whole lot better!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

It's interesting to see that you applied the tape separately, instead of using it in one whole piece. Do they hold better this way?

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score

Finally decided to put it on, huh? :lawl:

Looks good. Can't wait to get my back end looking that good as well. How's the trunk holding up as far as the springs go? Is it flinging up dangerously or..what's going on there?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Well I started noticing light tapping noises when I was at 24" on bigger bumps or going from an old to newly paved road where there's like an inch of difference of height in the road due to new pavement. But that's going at like +50mph.

Any lower than 23.5" then it'll start smacking/banging on bumps and such.. It's not a pleasant noise, especially if you have friends/family in the car.. They'll be like "wtf was that, did something break ?" Hahaha

Not discouraging you in any way whatsoever, you know I wouldn't, but yeah just letting you know what some consequences you may have to deal with when achieving that low low :lawl:

Ah alright, thanks for that info Alex. 23.5” would be the max I think, I’m at around 24.25” front and back now.

Very nice car you got there

Looks real nice man, love the cluster and the steering wheel. hopefully doing something similar with mine sometime soon

Can't believe I haven't poste in here.... Looks great Chris!

I love how far you gone with the car and I especially love the new wheel set up.

The lip spoiler always make our rear end look a whole lot better!

Thanks very much guys. :wub:

nice emblem :lawl:

I like it better with that spoiler, take further away pics!!! :drool:

So do I, will do! Been raining/cloudy the past couple days.

Love your new wheels set up :bowdown: Are u going to lower it more?

Thanks Tommy! Yep, another ½” – ¾” depending.

loving the new rear end! are those the M3s?

..I can see 2 hybrid bikes hanging in there. you ride a lot too?

No, the M3 lips are all cut from one long strip into appropriate lengths for whatever car they’re being sold for on Ebay. The edges are a little raw unless you sand them down, to me they don’t look quite as finished. This one is finished nicely, and very quality. Fitment was perfect too, there was only around 1/16” at either side after I installed it. The M3 lip is also straight, whereas this one has some curve to it.

Good eye haha. That would be the wife and I’s Treks. We just got hers last year, I’ve had mine since 2001. We live right by an awesome bike trail, but don’t use it as much as we should. I’m going to change that this summer though.

lip spoiler looks sweet dude! excited for the new wheels

Thanks man! There are pics of the wheels on the car a few pages back if you haven’t seen em.

It's interesting to see that you applied the tape separately, instead of using it in one whole piece. Do they hold better this way?

The blue tape is just painters tape, which I used to align the spoiler and designate where to apply the adhesive promoter before final installation. The adhesive goes the whole length of the spoiler.

Finally decided to put it on, huh? :lawl:

Looks good. Can't wait to get my back end looking that good as well. How's the trunk holding up as far as the springs go? Is it flinging up dangerously or..what's going on there?

Yep lol. With your badges and euro tails and what not, your back end will look really great with a wingless trunk and a lip spoiler. No homo.

I should just make you a video of the trunk. It doesn’t swing up violently or anything, I mean it will bounce lightly a couple times, but that’s it. I want to change the trunk spring configuration, just need to figure out how to do it. I know where the adjustment areas are, I just need to see what tools I need. But it’s not hurting anything the way it is now.

I think the springs, when set up for a wing, can work for a winged trunk or wingless trunk. But springs set up for a wingless trunk wouldn’t work for a winged trunk, I don’t think.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

It becomes more and more one of my favourite SMR Coupes with each mod.

You've done well with it.

Back