Vinyl Wrap Amount to buy?

davil544

Reaction score
So i'm thinking about wrapping my car with 3m Gloss White vinyl wrap in the near future. What I am unsure of, is how much wrap to buy. I saw a post where a guy wrapped his m3 for only $120, and it said he used 25 yards of vinyl at 48 inches wide. But some websites are saying for a 2 dr coupe you should get 40 x 5 ft. I am on a bit of a budget and i was wondering how much should i get with a little extra in case i mess up?

kn0x47

Reaction score
lol $120? that's a load of crap. maybe true if he only did the hood, roof, and trunk

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
having done some vinyl wrapping with both cheap stuff and 3m vinyl. if you are going to take the time to wrap your whole car, spend the money and get a good brand (3m, oracal, avery, etc) or you'll be redoing it sooner than you think. just my .02

LouisLV_

Reaction score
There is no EXACT length to get. If you're going to do this yourself and you're not good at it, you're going to mess up and it would be best to get some extra. Stick to 3m & Avery, they have the best vinyls. Make sure you get the right vinyl too.

I once got the wrong adhesive kind (1080 series advertised to stick for 7-8yrs) and when I messed up i ended up peeling half the paint on the hood off -___-

Source: Im a "Retired" Certified Car Wrap Installer Graduated from Fellers Academy in Tulsa, Oklahoma -

Back