Fuel Flow Issues

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I got the idle issues fixed but now I'm not getting enough fuel up to the engine. When I hit about 4000 RPM in neutral the entire car starts shaking and the fuel trims shoot way up trying to get more fuel to the engine. I have already replaced both the FPR and the pump. The only other thing I can think of is the fuel filter but I didn't even see a way to replace just the filter part of the fuel pump assembly. If any of you have any experience with this sort of thing I would love to hear from you.

1abe_a_tech

Reaction score
Just a thought:
I'm sure you've checked - which would render this tidbit useless - but I know that with the F-series VTEC the computer will cut the engine revs at 4k and not allow engagement of the secondary cam lobe if the oil is low. :shrug:

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Re: Fuel Flow/Electrical? Issues

I have checked the oil and the hesitation thing was different than a rev limiter, but the problem suddenly went away. Now I can run it all the way up to red line no problems and drive it around the yard and driveway (Its fairly long) and it runs just fine, but as soon as I get it on the road it dies and I coast the rest of the 1/4 mile downhill to my grandparents driveway. And it usually won't start by turning the key and cranking it, but last night when my friend gave me a tow I popped the clutch and it fired right up and i drove it back to my garage no problems. I had the battery tested this morning and he said it needed charged but was otherwise good and it's only a few months old. Once it's done charging out of the car I'm going to drop it back in and check all the electrical connections. I'm thinking its an electrical issue because when I would crank the engine the maintenance light would come on for a few seconds like some of the electronics were rebooting. Also the check engine light does its normal little self test thing when I turn on the ignition but doesn't come on like the maintenance light during or after cranking. And I just put in a brand new fuel pump and I can hear it running.

Back