Door Inserts 98 coupe UPDATED PG 2 EXPLANATION AND PICS.

-bl-

Reaction score
Hi all, so i searched the threads, found out how to take the pannel off no probs and that most people paint their pannels and fabric paint their inserts. However my question is once i removed the door pannel and disassembled it, i noticed that the main cloth insert is glued on and tucked in, but cannot come off the door pannel seperately...

How would i go about removing it and replacing it with synthetic leather?

Do i simply rip it all off and then glue on the leather? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Door Inserts 98 coupe

There are a few threads about people modifying interior panels, I believe. Give it a search.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I think 99CFEnvy did some work on his inserts.

ALLGOnoShow also, and a couple others, so I am sure they could help you with that.

Narftastic

Reaction score

i did my door panels in plaid...i didnt remove the old cloth fabric i just cut out my fabric, glued it on top and tucked it in.

btw it was a pain in the a$$ :lawl: have fun

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Your sig looks like an airbrush job I'd see on a t-shirt at the county fair. :lawl:

Last edited:

-bl-

Reaction score

There are a few threads about people modifying interior panels, I believe. Give it a search.

I searched a bunch as i stated lol, i could only find people painting their door pannels, no one really explained how to take the inserts off and replace them.

I think 99CFEnvy did some work on his inserts.

ALLGOnoShow also, and a couple others, so I am sure they could help you with that.

Thanks! ill ask them if i need help.

i did my door panels in plaid...i didnt remove the old cloth fabric i just cut out my fabric, glued it on top and tucked it in.

btw it was a pain in the a$$ :lawl: have fun

Yeah originally i thought thats how i was going to go about it, however my brother changed his inserts on his 92 civic hatch and he explained to me how to go about it after i showed him what they look like from behind the panels.
hes just gonna help me out, its definitely not a simple rip it off and glue on as far as i know.

kn0x47

Reaction score

If you have cloth interior you just rip it off for the front doors. For the rear you can use a dremel tool to grind away the plastic weld stuff then use 1/4 inch screws to put it back on

-bl-

Reaction score

If you have cloth interior you just rip it off for the front doors. For the rear you can use a dremel tool to grind away the plastic weld stuff then use 1/4 inch screws to put it back on

Thanks! thats exactly what my bro was suggesting, but theres also plastic welds on the front doors too so i have to do it for those as well if i want a clean job.

Back