Broke my knock sensor..

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
So I went to replace my oil pressure sensor,and add sensor for oil pressure gauge. I went to simply UNPLUG the knock plug and off came entire plug.

Real issue is,with all the sensors now added to the Turbo oil T-Its blocking the knock sensor.there for I cannot replace it,UNLESS taking off the oil pressure gauge and sensor and trashing them basically.

Car is running on AEM EMS,so CEL will not come on.
Will car be safe to drive with it unplugged?
Honda tech says only issue will be CEL on,and obviously no control if knock occurs and safe timing retard to avoid detonation.

Thanks guys. Im ready to put oil filter on and fill oil up and fire her up and test out this badass new LSD tranny.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
So I went to replace my oil pressure sensor,and add sensor for oil pressure gauge. I went to simply UNPLUG the knock plug and off came entire plug.

Real issue is,with all the sensors now added to the Turbo oil T-Its blocking the knock sensor.there for I cannot replace it,UNLESS taking off the oil pressure gauge and sensor and trashing them basically.

Honda tech says only issue will be CEL on,and obviously no control if knock occurs and safe timing retard to avoid detonation.

Thanks guys. Im ready to put oil filter on and fill oil up and fire her up and test out this badass new LSD tranny.

I removed my knock sensor when i built the motor and also changed over to AEM EMS, so I wouldn't see a problem with it....

greekpizza

Reaction score

I think youll be fine from what ive heard talking with my tuner. My car has one only cause I bought a new one before converting to obd1 p28. So unless your AEM EMS uses it I don't see what problems you would encounter. Should be good :badger:

Back