DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

talontsiawd

Reaction score
quick question! if i were to buy after market shocks, such as tokico blues, would they give my car the boat look still?

Shocks should not change your ride height what so ever (unless they are say, koni's with adjustable perches).

Levi

Reaction score
i was jes curious cuz on the stock shocks, they have that bulgy thing that doesn't fit into the wishbone, thus having to bore out the hole for it to fit in. i thought the after market shocks wouldnt have that.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
They usually have a tab but it will have it. From what i have been told so may times, the main point of this is to align both the shock so the fork isn't turned, and also keep the fork at the right height for the for pinch bolt to stay in the indent in the shock. You can try my way i posted a page back. With the shocks off, it only takes like 10 min or so.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
so how has this affected the ride quality?

After a prolonged time, you might see some damage, thats all I would really be worried about. Especially exposed steel in the suspension, I would be afraid of rust. And if you ever want to replace struts, buying new forks is just a waste of money...

It seems kinda ghetto to me.

Another way to fix a boat-like-look is to get a coilover system.

BTW, forks are really easy to get to and remove. Takes like 10 minutes.

Levi

Reaction score
we did it today. easier than i thought, took 10 minutes just to take everything off but the grinding was so time consuming. for sum reason that spacer only went in half way, i think it was cuz the middle part inside the fork had an uneven surface in different spots. but we did this all atlike 830 at night and my bits were going out so we just called it a night. i might just take it to a machine shop tomorrow and let them bore it out for me.

leo

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just installed my H&R sport springs on my accord sedan 2002. I want to lower a bit more the front in order to be perfect. My question is which method you guys recomend, the fork method or the shock method??
Thanks

Leo

Back