Finally got my Rebel *more practice shots post 13*

Raymond

Reaction score
Rebel XT to be exact, silver body... Just got it this morning, with the 18-55 kit lens, all the needed accesories, and a 2GB CompactFlash card. Took a trip to Best Buy and got a Canon camera carrying case, and a Sunpak 6600DX tripod (my old one was broken).

I've taken... about 100 pictures today... this thing has soooo much more to it than my old point'n'shoot Kodak I've been using for years - I feel like a n00b again, practically re-learning how to take pictures. These pictures I'm posting are just a few I felt came out pretty good considering... I need to sign up for a flickr account already as I can see photobucket compresses the quality a bit on the pictures.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

I skimmed through the 175 page instruction manual and I still want to do more reading, I gotta figure out how to take the badass pictures now! :rofl:

If any of you have any good links to websites with tricks/tips/how-tos/forums/etc on using DSLR cameras, or the XT in specific... please share 'em. I want/need all the help I can get. :) Thanks in advance!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Finally got my Rebel

damn, those look good dude. i really like the close up face shot of the white/brown dog, haha

Raymond

Reaction score

damn, those look good dude. i really like the close up face shot of the white/brown dog, haha
Thanks! LeeAnn actually took that picture while I was downloading the drivers on the laptop to get the camera to plug in to the computer haha.

here u go man...

http://www.usa.canon.com/content/rebelxt_tutorial/rebelxtlessons.htm

yeah i'm saving for canon XT or XTi or XSi as well.

how much did u get it if i may know? new or used?

buydig.com, new... $488 shipped with the 2gb CompactFlash card.

And thanks for that link, that's going to be a big help... probably go through it all tommorow morning. :D :D

IcyAccord

Reaction score

Hella cute:
004.jpg

hella wtf?:
006.jpg

henreeezy xp

Reaction score

wow.. thats like the nicest thing i've heard from steve... wow

pics are fawking niceeeee :D i'm getting a XT soon :)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

anyone who buys a rebel and uses it, will get rid of it/want to get rid of it in about a year...swear to god. getting rid of mine made me happyyyyyyyyy :D

right darryl? :lawl:

oh and ps...i have a 28-105 lens for sale...still have it sitting around...used like 10 times :lawl:

Back