Photography Shoutbox

d1blet

Reaction score
I think I usually have an affinity for being careful with something expendable like film. My lack of money really makes me cheap. If I bring out the Elan7, I usually take a shot with my XSi to make sure the exposure turns out well before I take the shot with film. I don't have complete trust over automated PnS cameras - especially with film that costs like $4 a roll.

Oh, and as for batch processing, LR (which is what I use) is indeed amazing at converting from DNG to JPG. It's just that my laptop is so slow that it takes a good few minutes. Honestly, it's a personal excuse to myself for not going through my shots and color-correcting. :jae:

finch13

Reaction score
$4/roll? I shoot B&W that's like $2.50 a roll and Fuji for color, which isn't horribly expensive.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
$4/roll :ughrun: B&W developing is soooooo cheap in comparison to color. bulk loading film makes it dirt cheap...under $1/roll and in some cases like $.50...developing just has a large start-up cost but pays for itself in the end.

figure out how much a digital camera costs vs xxxx number of film exposures. film isn't really "expensive" till you hit a couple thousand pics compared to a $600-ish initial digital SLR cost. and you have to discard the number of digital shots taken for ****s or in burst mode since you're more careful with film.

i dont have money nor space, but even i can afford film...

edit your pics :darryl:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i like epson products, but their printers are ridiculously expensive to use. i'd much rather have a cheaper print that may not be 100% what i want but still very close. adoramapix is ftmfw. my 3rd (4th?) order from them is on the way.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
get an empty frame at hobby lobby then call around to glass shops. i had some glare-free 16x20" pieces cut for $7.50 each.

or just look at hobby lobby...they have lots on clearance...

or go to goodwill...ive gotten matching frames for like $1 each.

i always wait for sales at adoramapix. shipping is $5. 16x20s were $5 each, 11x14s like $2.50, and i just paid $1.19 each for 8x10s...although i dont like the 8x10 format much.

Fundillo

Reaction score
Damnit I need to get some of my pictures in frames and hung. My mom took all of my pictures when she moved out. I have ZERO of my pictures up and framed. Dman bills always take my printing money

Raymond

Reaction score
Pretty sure my Vivitar 285hv is dead. Fvcking wonderful. And it dies the day that my Cactus V4 wireless crap gets to my house after waiting two weeks for it. FML

Back