Photography Shoutbox

finch13

Reaction score
Me too, but I've heard metering gets kinda funky and I don't want to be switching screens while I'm out shoot.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Yea, no thank you, maybe when I get a new body I will get one for my rebel and then use it strictly for vintage lenses

finch13

Reaction score
Are those the viewfinders that line up the two images and make them in focus when the object is in focus?

Yessir, just like on the old school 35mm SLRs! They're way accurate, well obviously because the circles become invisible when everythings in focus compared to today's screen where you have to eyeball it.

Live View is amazing for MF shots because you can zoom in 10x on the 3" screen and focus.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
009475l_01.jpg
i hate it when people dont have any sideburns :ugh:
the "bigma"
the bigma is the 50-500...thats the what...100-400/2.8 i wanna say?
MF = bad for action shots :lawl:
we clearly have action shots from long before AF was invented...even when film was "fast" if it was ISO 100.

ive learned not to trust AF anyway...its a hindrance more than a help.
Yessir, just like on the old school 35mm SLRs! They're way accurate, well obviously because the circles become invisible when everythings in focus compared to today's screen where you have to eyeball it.

Live View is amazing for MF shots because you can zoom in 10x on the 3" screen and focus.
split screens are just meh for slow lenses...the katzeye screens supposedly dont go dark til f/11 but im not spending that much on a screen. my darker, more plain screen was $50 (and special order too :lawl: )

i don't even really notice the spilt screen in my film cams unless the lens is faster than f/2.8

finch13

Reaction score
Nikons are too complicated for noobs, at least the decent Nik's. Get the new Rebel T1i with video and live view! + the 28-135 L because you're a baller. If you don't get the hang of it, you can always sell the body for a little less and sell the L for nearly what you paid for it as long as you provide the date code/serial of the lens.

Investing in a decent tripod and head are good too, if you want to do car shoots at night.

Back