Note to self:
Wiseco recommends
- min .0035" P2W clearance for the K568M865 pistons in a 350-400whp setup
- min x.005 ring gap for 1st ring, x.0055 gap for 2nd ring
Crower recommends
- .002" rod bearing clearance for B93749B-4 rods

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
I would personally run .004 p2w at minimum on wiseco's I have noticed they under rate their P2W clearance, and the newer pistons will swell more.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Yeah, the spec sheet for them recommends .0025" P2W, which is why I called them. The guy I spoke to said he would run another full thousandth over that at a minimum. Thanks for the PM.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Innovative 75A motor mounts shipped yesterday. :driving:

I have just learned that McMaster-Carr offers a cheaper alternative, albeit too late for you now.

Did you happen to look in to that when you were looking in to upgrading the mounts?

AFAccord

Reaction score
I have just learned that McMaster-Carr offers a cheaper alternative, albeit too late for you now.

Did you happen to look in to that when you were looking in to upgrading the mounts?

I did not. I'm curious to see exactly what they have to offer, though I'm content with the Innovative mounts, having purchased them for $100 under MSRP.

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
Oh yes... I've seen that stuff. I filled my front and rear mounts with 3M window weld a few years ago and wasn't impressed at all. It was terribly messy, extremely difficult to clean up, and took weeks to cure. The stuff on McMaster-Carr's website even states "168 hours" cure time. I'll gladly buy the Innovative mounts this time around. Thanks for the links though!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
NP.

Yeah, I read the cure time an McC's website, seems long, but I have the time, so I wouldn't mind trying it out. The 3M Window Weld is 60A, which I think may be a bit soft, although some people have had no issues, and other's have.

My first preference would be the Innovative Mounts as well.

AFAccord

Reaction score
A solid 60A urethane mount is still a LOT stiffer than a suspended rubber mount. I don't understand these guys that want to use the 85A or 95A mounts in their Accords unless it's a track-only car, and even then I doubt there's justification for anything that stiff. 700whp gutted civic that needs to pull 1.6 sec 60' times, sure. 3000lb Accord with 200hp? Get real.

Back