DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
will this still work if you have them wired to the parking lights? like will this act as a on/off switch if wired correctly?

sabSquishy

Reaction score
So I hooked up my civic harness to accord switch like this.

switch.png

And now my fogs are always on as long as the car is on. So the switch doesn't work, but all the current is going through. What did I do wrong?

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
switch the yellow with the top red and u should be good if not let me know and ill check mine because that the same as my harness

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Thanks man I'll try when I get home. Just went to work. Do you know what the yellow wire is used for? That would be helpful.

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Got em's.

Props to Chrismister. For those of you who have the black/red/yellow/red harness it goes:

Black : 1
Red : 3/4
Yellow : 2
Red : 5

With the numbers being the prongs on the accord switch, 1 at the top with 3 and 4 spliced together. You'll have the green light go on with the fogs, but the white light doesn't go on.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
Got em's.

Props to Chrismister. For those of you who have the black/red/yellow/red harness it goes:

Black : 1
Red : 3/4
Yellow : 2
Red : 5

With the numbers being the prongs on the accord switch, 1 at the top with 3 and 4 spliced together. You'll have the green light go on with the fogs, but the white light doesn't go on.

maybe you can tap the white light into the switch that controls the four ways/ headlights??? im pretty sure thats how honda planned it for our harnesses anyway... :poke:
thats if you REALLY want that white light to come on... or the cruise control of even sunroof buttons if you have either of them which should be controlled the same way... just useing a little less wire in a more cramped area :D

4door accord02

Reaction score
so for power source i can just tap into one of the running lights and then just follow the oem switch to civic harness diagram?? (wiring is for cf4 fogs):huh:

Back