I love special K :)

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
You guys will think I'm crazy lol, I spent yesterday at NVA-AV6's garage from V6P and since I won't go much further with the H22 after all I'm going with K series :hihi:.

He will end up doing the swap and I'll be learning in the process on how to build a motor it's going to be a winter project. My friend has a K20Z1 Head from his 06 RSX-S with 22k on it for sale local and I'm going to be using this along with either a K24A4, K24A8 or K24A1 bottom end depends which one I can get for a better deal when I get to the junk yard in PA in the next few weeks but the head is such a good deal that's my first purchase they are not cheap as we know and not easy to find. The motor will be rebuilt from the ground up also. My team member works for Acura and has a 400whp RSX he has spare parts left and right and if he only would sell me his spare TSX bottom end that would be sweet but he does have a few things that can help my swap go smoother and a bit cheaper and with what ever else I need to buy from the dealer will be with his good old employee discount from the dealer.

I'm not tired of the H22 I love it but the K series might of never been done but I'm confident it will get done with the help I'll be getting and the parts I'll be sourcing for a good price. I want to try to be the first and hopefully not last of the 6th gen owners to try this so soon after my H22 setup which is a full drop out will be on the market for a fair price. I'll explain what internals and other mods I'll be using shortly but this will end up being a Forced induction setup with low boost down the road after I can get the car running perfect and recovering from the costs lol. It's not going to happen over night and it's not going to be easy but it will be done.

Last edited:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
That's awesome Dre, get all the snags taken care of so Paul can have an easier time on mine when the time comes. :)

Bee Dizzle

Reaction score
cant wait too see this dre and another question did NVA-AV6 doo the CL-S swap for Jazzman210

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
That's awesome Dre, get all the snags taken care of so Paul can have an easier time on mine when the time comes. :)

How did I know someone would say that haha no problem.

cant wait too see this dre and another question did NVA-AV6 doo the CL-S swap for Jazzman210

Yes he's done many J series swaps and also many K's and H series swaps I have full faith we can pull this off it. It won't be for some time till mid winter till I have the car in his shop stripped but the parts will be adding up at he shop and the tear down will start as soon as we get the blocks. Once the motor is built the car will get stripped and time to mock up some engine mounts and axles.

Last edited:

Bee Dizzle

Reaction score
nice, does NVA-AV6 always always have the J series engines and transmissions available because i would love to get the same swap jazzman and do you knw what he charges for these swaps?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
It's not cheap but it all depends how much you can source the parts and how you want to build the J. I know at Acura my friend had a J32 from a 04 TL-S that the dealer was trying to sell at the side but I could not finder a buyer. His dealer wanted about $500 for the long block and it's still there if you want it and there is nothing wrong with it just missing like the valve covers and other little things since they were reused on the car, the dealer ordered a full motor when the motor was find and they ended up installing the new motor any how in the customers car you gotta love that lol. They had a 2nd bottom end but it was stolen last week. You should be able to find a J32 for about $1500 with out trans give or take on the market.

Last edited:

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
subscribed......ive always admired the K series motor ever since it was introduced into the market......good luck with everything Dre.....and hopefully some day i can follow in the same footprints you will leave behind .....

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
Wow this is going to be fun. If you think of this way, Hasport have done it on 5thgen why not on 6th.

Good luck Dre!!!

/subscribed.

truonghthe

Reaction score
Nice I would love to see a K series motor sit in an 6th gen accord lol.

Back