Honda Problems... Trying to fix her up!

KSKENE247

Reaction score
Hey guys I havent been around here in just under a year... Ive been out of the game for a while but im trying to get back into it. Ive got a 2000 Honda accord with the i4 vtech motor. sedan... Everything on the car is beat from the body to the motor which has just shy of 180k miles. Im trying to do a few things before she makes the trek up to oregon (go ducks).

PROBLEM:
There is a rattle coming from the right side which only occurs when the tire hits any bumps and if you ride the break at all over them, it doesnt happen. At first i thought it was a problem with the breaks/calipers but thats not it. Ive brought it to a few shops for them to check it out and they cant figure it out either so im taking matters into my own hands since its been happening for years...

If anyone has any idea what this is, please feel free to throw out ideas. Im looking into getting some new struts since the stock are blown and new pads and rotors to start. My parents are looking to pay the cheapest price obviously but if I could get anything better than stock id need all your help. Thanks!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well the blown struts would be my first clue to the sound coming from the suspension when going over bumps, that just seems plainly obvious. I don't see how a shop would miss that. Check the balljoints.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Since your shocks are blown, check your tire treads and see if there are any lumps or uneven surfaces. This could be caused from your car bouncing too much. The uneven surfaces on thevtire could cause a humming sound too.

KSKENE247

Reaction score
Nah my tires are wearing fine. The problem isnt new or really affecting anything... but who wants a loud *** noise coming from the car? If I could describe it.. it would be like taking a metal plate and putting it in a big metal box and shaking it around... its like it bounces back and forth rhythmically. Its nothing to do with the breaks, just checked. And nothing on the exterior of the strut... Anyone in socal have a spring compressor? Or a DIY to changing struts?

dcmystery21

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure blown struts do not make noise. I would check your endlinks and ball joints. Those are really the only 2 noisemakers in that area.

KSKENE247

Reaction score
hmmm well ****... if i threw a go pro on there to record the noise... would that help? its a very distinct sound that i cant explain... haha

Back