DBO867's 1998 Accord LX 5spd

DBO867

Reaction score
Re: DBO867's 1998 ACCORD LX 5MT TMT (Taking My Time) Build!!!!

Do the the reverse lights make much light behind the car for you to see at night? Meaning do they actually help you see when backing up?

I honestly got it for looks, maybe others got it for functionality, but i was able to see perfectly with the halogens.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score

Hey DBO!

I'm moving our convo here. I didn't want to impede on Cali's thread, also figured this convo would be more appropriate here since we're talking about your whip!
So yeah man, from what I've read f&f are ideal for dropping your car to the ground, lol. I read ksport is good for lowness as well but don't perform well on the track. Yeah man, you definitely get the adjustability with Koni, I may mess with it before our meet! Honestly the main reasons why I got them is reliability (hand in hand with excellent reputation and lifetime warranty) and that they are highly regarded in the profession of driving across all boards. It's also my daily so I needed longevity. I would recommend at least 100lbs in between spring rates for our cars without heavy mods like all wheel or rear wheel drive (which I want to do hehe).

DBO867

Reaction score

Hey DBO!

I'm moving our convo here. I didn't want to impede on Cali's thread, also figured this convo would be more appropriate here since we're talking about your whip!
So yeah man, from what I've read f&f are ideal for dropping your car to the ground, lol. I read ksport is good for lowness as well but don't perform well on the track. Yeah man, you definitely get the adjustability with Koni, I may mess with it before our meet! Honestly the main reasons why I got them is reliability (hand in hand with excellent reputation and lifetime warranty) and that they are highly regarded in the profession of driving across all boards. It's also my daily so I needed longevity. I would recommend at least 100lbs in between spring rates for our cars without heavy mods like all wheel or rear wheel drive (which I want to do hehe).

Haha yea makes a lot more sense on my thread. But from what ive been reading, i found out f2s and ksports are either made by the same company or same design. Jus a tad differences in spring rate and the ksports have dampening adjustments. Itll probably be a safer bet on my wallet just to go with the f2s since its half the cost of ksports. And im getting it off a friend too for a lil more cheaper. My accord is my daily too, but its rare ill drive far with it. I normally just go to work which is 5 mins away and home. Even better, since i moved out the ghetto, i dont have to drive over crazy potholes, so im pretty positive the f2s will last me. Atleast til i feel like im ready for a upgrade.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score

Haha yea makes a lot more sense on my thread. But from what ive been reading, i found out f2s and ksports are either made by the same company or same design. Jus a tad differences in spring rate and the ksports have dampening adjustments. Itll probably be a safer bet on my wallet just to go with the f2s since its half the cost of ksports. And im getting it off a friend too for a lil more cheaper. My accord is my daily too, but its rare ill drive far with it. I normally just go to work which is 5 mins away and home. Even better, since i moved out the ghetto, i dont have to drive over crazy potholes, so im pretty positive the f2s will last me. Atleast til i feel like im ready for a upgrade.

So basically you are saying that the Ksports are the same as the Function/Form type 2?

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score

Haha yeah! Oh really? I remember reading something like that too, but I thought it was ksport and cx racing? Eh, not sure would have to look it up again. I feel you though man, my first setup was eibach sportline springs (progressive and 2" drop) with stock-like replacement KYB excel g shocks. Cost me like 400 w/o installation. I was in a hurry to get low lol. I had them for like a 18 months until I got my Koni/GC setup. I still have the eibach in case I need to send my konis back for anything. I wanted peace of mind and peace of performance :Jedi:

DBO867

Reaction score

Haha yeah! Oh really? I remember reading something like that too, but I thought it was ksport and cx racing? Eh, not sure would have to look it up again. I feel you though man, my first setup was eibach sportline springs (progressive and 2" drop) with stock-like replacement KYB excel g shocks. Cost me like 400 w/o installation. I was in a hurry to get low lol. I had them for like a 18 months until I got my Koni/GC setup. I still have the eibach in case I need to send my konis back for anything. I wanted peace of mind and peace of performance :Jedi:

yea, thats what i read up, i dont know if its just people's opinion or if its facts. the only thing i hate about lowered cars is avoiding dips, potholes, and angling over mountain speed bumps. im actually enjoying this 4x4 life but a dropped car is so clean.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score

yea, thats what i read up, i dont know if its just people's opinion or if its facts. the only thing i hate about lowered cars is avoiding dips, potholes, and angling over mountain speed bumps. im actually enjoying this 4x4 life but a dropped car is so clean.

Haha yeah, I know what you mean. That stuff can be a little tedious at times especially when other people who are not use to low cars ride with you. A buddy of mine recently noted as we were going over a speed bump, "dude, you don't need to go that slow." My response: "dude, I'm low" lol! For the most part I don't mind it, and it's good practice!

DBO867

Reaction score

yea it gets annoying, i hated having to angle all the time back then in my old cars. but now im used to it, just out of habit, i was driving my accord like it was dropped when i first bought it haha

DBO867

Reaction score

So i guess my build will now be a restoration thread. Thank you wet roads.

20151228_180320.jpg

Back