Hello all!!!

6thGen02SedanV6

Reaction score
Hey what's up? I just purchased a 2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 about 3 days ago. It seems like it is in great condition. Came stock. 128k miles for $2500. Think I came out on top. Only "mod" I have done so far is swapped the headlights with HYLUX Xenon HID conversion kit. The stock lights were horrible I couldn't see a thing so I had to go ahead and upgrade the lights so I could see. I am pretty pleased with them. They work a hell of a lot better than the stock halogens. I don't know what I am going to do next. Maybe head unit, maybe tint the windows, I don't know. What would you guys recommend. I want to start performance upgrades but I figure I better get some of the basic cosmetic and audio out the way first. This is my first car where I am excited to work on it and upgrade it and learn more about cars, especially 6th Gen accords. Anyways if anyone has any advice on what to mod next or good product recommendations like head units, etc... I would love to hear. Nice meeting you all and I look forward to learning from y'all here. Have a good one!

Accordx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! You could look into upgrading your suspension if you have the money for it or the basics of exhaust and intake. There's some great threads with some of the mods you may think about doing first and performance mods/parts that are good on the Accord. You'll learn a lot from the people on this forum if you want to learn, I definitely have. Have fun with your new Accord :)

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Hello and welcome fellow Georgia member!

Always do suspension first, drop it a little bit.

Also, with that many miles, you may want to keep a fund for any high mileage maintenance.

Has the Timing belt been replaced? --> that is a biggie, if the belt goes, your engine goes.

Emphasis

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, and welcome. Man, these cars have gotten pretty cheap in price over the years.

You probably already know, but as mentioned already, make sure any and all maintenance woes are taken care of. You'll thank yourself greatly, and probably figure out what direction you want to take with the car while you're at it.

And because why not, you might as well do as much of the maintenance as you can on your own, as well.

6thGen02SedanV6

Reaction score
Hello and welcome fellow Georgia member!

Always do suspension first, drop it a little bit.

Also, with that many miles, you may want to keep a fund for any high mileage maintenance.

Has the Timing belt been replaced? --> that is a biggie, if the belt goes, your engine goes.

How much is it to replace the timing belt (ballpark figure)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back