My Drivers Door Will Not Unlock!

low430

Reaction score
Nothing happend I just got in the car one day and it wouldnt open back up. The lock thing goes up and down normal power locks work key moves it up and down but the locking mechanism seems to be disconnected from the visual lock thing. I cant take apart the door because its locked shut.

Any ideas?

Please help!@
Im tired of dukes of hazzarding in and out everywhere I go. People are giving me weird looks when I park my car then climb out the window or even worst climb out the passenger door.
And its a PITA

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I feel your pain man, I had the same problem. Mine broke on my birthday FML :sad: I crawled out of my passenger door for a month. I wish I could help you but I had a shop fix mine here in No-Flo.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The link may be broken from the lock actuator, or it snapped off. Take your inner door cover to look at see if the link is connected.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Happened to me too. The locking mechanism within the door had to be dismantled in order to open the door. After that, I replaced the locking mechanism with a new one purchased from Honda. Roll down your window, remove the trim, pry it as wide as you can, insert chisel rod, and bang away. Be careful not to break your window b/c mine broke lol luckily the tint kept most of it from getting all over the place....yea it sucked.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Could just be the rod came undone from the mechanism. It's happened to me before. I'm like a pro pulling door panels off from closed doors. I got shaved handles and when a solenoid goes bad there is only one way to open the door lol.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Happened to me too. The locking mechanism within the door had to be dismantled in order to open the door. After that, I replaced the locking mechanism with a new one purchased from Honda. Roll down your window, remove the trim, pry it as wide as you can, insert chisel rod, and bang away. Be careful not to break your window b/c mine broke lol luckily the tint kept most of it from getting all over the place....yea it sucked.

Don't under any circumstances do this.

FIRST, leave your window rolled completely up, or else u wont have space to reach inside the inner door.
You can access the lock actuator if you take the inner door trim and plastic off. Sometimes windows motors go out and all you do is take off all the nuts and bolts from the inside, hold the motor firm against the door from the inside and hit it with a rubber mallet. I have take my door off many times installing speakers and figuring out what was wrong with my window motor. I also diconected my link from the lock actuator and I had similar problems u had, the lock button goes up and down but wont open the door.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lol.

ive never even done it with the door being able to open, haha. the only door panels ive taken off were on my gti, which were real easy, haha.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
^lol, hows he gonna take the door panel off if he cant open the door?

i wouldnt do that either tho, haha.

You may be able to take the top half part off and reach down inside to look or grab the link to open the door. Its not something I enjoyed doing. A lot of cussing, a few cuts on my knuckles but I got her done.

Back