Is this a good deal? Amazon Timing Belt Kit

slo4dor

Reaction score
All,

Just picked up a 1999 Honda Accord V6 w/109k on the clock for 500 buks as my 2nd runaround vehicle. Anyway, the previous owner let me know that he had not done the timing belt yet, so I'm looking to get it done here. Problem is....im stationed in the UK and getting parts for the US spec accord is quite expensive. I found this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Timing-Belt-Honda-Accord-1998/dp/B003AXRV3S and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it. Thanks for the help.

Ja

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Trusted Name Brand and OEM Parts

they claim this but even then when it comes to a timing belt i would go straight to the dealer ... even though it costs more, your really investing your money in peace of mind

J30MAN

Reaction score

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^different shops all charge different things..I bought my car right before the previous lady had it done..so I have not gotten the lovely chance to go through this..haha 500$+++ or so is average base price

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
probably not from what iv heard..shops charge a arm and leg for timing belt/water pump replace.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Well just because you're due doesn't mean you need to replace it life-or-death. Check your belt physically yourself. Look for signs or cracking, aging, wear, etc. If there are none - then you can last a bit longer. If your belt is weathered and about to fall apart them yeah get on the ball. Typically it's $500-$800 for this job depending on the shop. Usually they will include the parts, but stay on top of them, - make sure they are OEM parts.

To topic, I wouldn't trust anything besides OEM Honda components when it comes to crucial parts such as this.

J30MAN

Reaction score
How do I check my timing belt? I thought it was inside the water pump which is a b**** to get out.

Back