Engine Theory, Build, Etc Discussion.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Sounds like that ECU isn't basemapped for boost. But like RussianRed said, you need to get it tuned, not just drive it around as is.

rok

Reaction score
hey i was wondering could i just get h22 head and put it on my f23a1 and do the timing and just be done w it. would that give me the power i want and what else will i need

AFAccord

Reaction score
hey i was wondering could i just get h22 head and put it on my f23a1 and do the timing and just be done w it. would that give me the power i want and what else will i need

Far more complex than simply swapping the head. Besides, doing the head alone will drop compression considerably, meaning you'll actually lose power.

J30Accord104

Reaction score
im not sure where to post this kinda new to this site.
but here i go

i have a v6 sedan. i wanna go single exhaust... would it be possible if i ordered a 4cyl exhaust system and it would fit a v6? length wise chassis are all the same structure.
has anyone thought about this or kno about this?

Deshon2688

Reaction score
im not sure where to post this kinda new to this site.
but here i go

i have a v6 sedan. i wanna go single exhaust... would it be possible if i ordered a 4cyl exhaust system and it would fit a v6? length wise chassis are all the same structure.
has anyone thought about this or kno about this?

this isnt the right place, and that has been a addressed before (search more next time), but yeah it fits. may have to take a few inches off the pipe or add a few (dont remember), but other than that it fits. I've got a v6 exhaust on my i4

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Alrighty; well I have a 2000 V6 Coupe with a CAI, OBX Throttle Body Spacer, Glasspack for exhaust resonator, and Thrush Welded mufflers. I would like to do a very gradual N/A build on my J30A1. Where do I start? pulleys? headers? plugs? what?

thanks guys

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Alrighty; well I have a 2000 V6 Coupe with a CAI, OBX Throttle Body Spacer, Glasspack for exhaust resonator, and Thrush Welded mufflers. I would like to do a very gradual N/A build on my J30A1. Where do I start? pulleys? headers? plugs? what?

thanks guys

search is your friend :thumbsup: there's plenty of v6 guys here that make decent power but if you really wanna get technical I'd try v6p.net

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you can do CLS cams/heads, plenum spacers, some porting. Don't quote me on that.

Back