future exhaust set up

RickyG

Reaction score
hey guys once my headlights are finished and my car is lowered i'm moving onto my exhaust but my friend knows a shop owner so he can get me a good deal. i was planning to do dc headers, to a test pipe straight to a single buddy club pro spec muffler. but i have 2 questions what size pipe should i use and do you think it will be too loud. I have a v6, for reference.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Last edited:

RickyG

Reaction score
that's what i thought but i can only find it in a 2.25 or 3. so i dont know if the 2.25 would be restrictive or not. i figure 3 would be too big though because there would be no back pressure and i dont plan on turboing the accord.

RickyG

Reaction score
2.5" is good with two mufflers after the Y pipe, since ur going single outlet, you might want to use a slightly larger diameter pipe. It depends on what ur going for. I would leave the pre-muffler and resonator out.

I hope this can help you out
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16577&highlight=exhaust+review

haha, there will be no pre muffler, but i didnt see any buddy clubs and i couldnt tell what was what cause no one specified if it was a v6 or i4

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
haha, there will be no pre muffler, but i didnt see any buddy clubs and i couldnt tell what was what cause no one specified if it was a v6 or i4

2.75" single outlet for that whip. Use custom piping and see if you can only purchase the muffler itself.

Last edited:

RickyG

Reaction score
hmm... ok. so would there be a way to mount that to a 3 inch muffler? the only sizes that pro specs come in are 2.25 and 3. so would i just mount the 3 to it some how?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
there are short adapter pipes u can buy at ur local auto parts store. Im not sure if they have 2"75 to 3". Might want to check before doing anything.

Back