wood grain trim/windows wont work

lifelongbread

Reaction score
Earlier today I found a full set of intact wood grain trims for my 98 accord. The trim came off of a 2000 accord. Everything went well until I tried using my windows. The only window that works is the drivers front. You can't control the other three windows from the main switch or there individual switches. So I tried switching back to my original trim and the problem still exists... i checked the fuses on the passenger side and the one under the hood and they are all fine... thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

FNCONE

Reaction score
that's strange,
98-00 use the same wiring for the plugs. 01-02 change wire pinouts. This might sound dumb but is the window lock on? (The button that locks passengers from using the window).

You put your regular ones back and nothing happened?

Last edited:

lifelongbread

Reaction score
Yeah I played with the window lock and nothing happened. And it had the same exact issue when I switched back to the original ones

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I'd double check that the motor is plugged in

if it is, get out your test light/vom

lifelongbread

Reaction score
The thing that confuses me is that I worked properly before then I swapped the new stuff on and it stopped working so I put back on the original stuff and now it still doesn't work

Varnell

Reaction score
Multiplexer reset?

Reset the multiplexer system by turning ignition off, set intermittent wiper ring to half way, turn ignition on for 10 seconds and then off.

Or disconnect battery for a minute or so.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/x98-071e.pdf

I tried this when I first picked up my '99 coupe. Probably would have worked if the passenger motor worked or the driver's side had a motor...and the regulator wasn't being help up by a block of wood.:henry:

Jimsun

Reaction score
I had this issue with mine. I have a 2001 lx and i swapped a 98 v6 interior

98-99 / 00 / 01-02 is how it's grouped.

Check fuses or run a continuity test. Seems like your motors are not being powered properly
dpBh6x.png

M47FXa.png

v6hm3n.png

MURlo2.png

Last edited:
Back