No cluster light and ac blows hot

Brad2274

Reaction score
my friends 2000 v6 sedan with 189,000 miles, the cluster no longer lights up but everything else does, fuses were checked apparently. Also the AC will blow super cold but most of the time it only blows hot, and cold when it feels like it, im guessing electrical. ideas??

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The compressor is shutting down. Check the pressure switch to see if it is cutting power.

For the cluster lights see if power gets there.

Brad2274

Reaction score
would that be on the compressor or in dash? and for sluster should i check for the power at the fuse box?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I think the pressure switch is under the hood, don't know if it's high side or not, easiest way is hook up a VOM to the comp clutch and see if it gets power when it don't work.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, no pwr, time to check the path.

Pwr and comp don't spin: bad clutch

Pwr and spins, time to check heater valve, the air gets cold, then it's heated. Sucks but not hard.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I would figure out whats wrong with the dash first. If you can find a wire diagram you can start testing for power with a test light. A relay controls the dash and parking light switch. If your parking lights are working, then you should probably check for power at the cluster harness. Determining what wire goes to what is what you need to know, alot of sensors and grounds are supplied that go to the dash cluster.

The hvac controls sometimes go bad and that little ac light will turn off and on when it wants to. I repaired one once by replacing the big transistor in the middle of the board and it fixed the issue. Its a voltage controller to the little ac button.

Brad2274

Reaction score
ill look into that, i think i have some spare digital ac controls from my 1999, should be the same as the 2000 digital ones, worth trying the other ones?

Back