Post your setup ver. Update ver. Big Ballas

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^^^^THAT conversation was......

images

lyttleviet

Reaction score
lol you guys were saying the same thing just with different terms and confusing each other.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I was agreeing with you in this post.

Without a sub, a system is incomplete. It's not feasible for a single speaker to reproduce the entire 20-20,000hz, nor is there a speaker that can do it accurately. A subwoofer should not stick out in the sense that it should not overpower any other aspect of the system, which they more often do.

Exactly why I went with two, well-rounded 10s and not 25 18" canons. And the RFPunch amp has the bass boost knob so you can conveniently turn the subs up or down to properly fill the sound.... or blast the stuff when appropriate :) Subs do need to be heard but they should not overpower the rest of the system or block out other sounds. As for the "bumping" that is all personal preference... some days I wanna hear the bass drum double-pumping in my spine, and some days I just want an audial experience.

lyttleviet

Reaction score
So Totalimmortal, if you are saying that u want to cover between 20-20,000hz and you want your sub to cover the lower 1/4 that means you want your sub to play to ~5,000hz? :darryl:

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
Well, I used to be into the whole competition thing back in the day when all I cared about was that it was loud, and didn't distort. Of course that didn't sound too good, but I managed to squeeze out a 157.3dB legal on an AudioControl mic, from two home audio subs. :hihi:

Things died down, and I grew up. My current setup is probably my best sounding yet IMO, and is widely touted as so by anyone who has had the opportunity to hear it. But enough tooting of my horn... :jerkit: Here's the quick and dirty.

Control
-Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD 7" Touchscreen w/built-in 6-DVD changer
-Pioneer DEQ-7600 15-band Digital EQ, +/-12dB slope, w/Digital sound field control

Power
-Memphis Bell 16-MCH1300 5-channel AB/D Amp. (115wrms x 4 + 1100wrms capable, setup as 75wrms x 4 + 300wrms)

Output
-Massive Audio CK6 Stage 2 Components front (tweeters in stock location, bouncing off glass softens the sound)
-Massive Audio CK6x9 Components Rear fill (only midbass used, low-passed from amp)

Lows
Two Cerwin Vega HED 8.4 8" subs (used to be four of them)
Custom built vented enclosure, tuned low to let them drop

Other
Optima Red Top starting battery
Custom 220amp HO Alternator
Old Skool Stinger 1Farad Cap
All the typical external audio/video inputs
XM radio integrated

All I can think of for now. Of course, all the copper is top of the line. Control Freak? Most definately...

Last edited:

98accordEX

Reaction score
^^^^^ sounds awesome...I bet it sounds awesome lol

I have my rear 6x9s on hpass....I think maybe I should change that...

btw I have noticed that the windshield softens the tweeters sound too...first time I have heard anyone here say something positive about that location...

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
98accordEX said:
I have my rear 6x9s on hpass....I think maybe I should change that...

Well, keep in mind, they're low passed pretty high at the amp (3Khz) just to keep the highs out, but also on a high pass at the headunit (usually 80hz, but 125hz if I wanna crank it up). :thumbsup: Just one of the MANY details in the setup. Like i said, I'm a control freak...

lyttleviet

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, they're low passed pretty high at the amp (3Khz) just to keep the highs out, but also on a high pass at the headunit (usually 80hz, but 125hz if I wanna crank it up). :thumbsup: Just one of the MANY details in the setup. Like i said, I'm a control freak...

you have some decent gear but you are not really utilizing the components to their full potential "bouncing them off the glass"... You lose a lot of detail... If you are a control freak you can tune it so its not as sharp (if they are).

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
So Totalimmortal, if you are saying that u want to cover between 20-20,000hz and you want your sub to cover the lower 1/4 that means you want your sub to play to ~5,000hz? :darryl:

it's great that u look into the details, but i think Totalimmortal is just giving a general idea of what a sub does, which is playing the lower frequencies.. maybe 1/4 is wrong mathematically, but u do understand the context, no?

Don't start again. You know what I mean.

cool it off guys... a little debate is good, but dun get too emotional over small details :thumbsup:

Back