Badly bent Front K Frame!!

Ratchet

Reaction score
I Hit a manhole cover and my Front K_Frame(driver side) was badly bent. It now only has like 2 inches clearance from the ground. Question: Is it safe to drive with this condition? Is k-frame repairable or do i need to buy the whole thing? And how much do they cost? Thanks alot guys.

Last edited:

metrick1235

Reaction score
I Hit a manhole cover and my Front K_Frame(driver side) was badly bent. It now only has like 2 inches clearance from the ground. Question: Is it safe to drive with this condition? Is k-frame repairable or do i need to buy the whole thing? And how much do they cost? Thanks alot guys.

Being that badly bent..no i wouldnt even try and risk it, bent frame is a bad idea... A stock used replacement can run you from 199-400 on ebay... but most of those are on wrecked cars.. i couldnt find any that wernt used..but i would say it will cost you a pretty penny...

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Buy one from the dealer gonna run about 5-600 dollars I search the junkyards if I were you and make sure they subframe you purchase was never in a front collision a slight kink throw the whole alignment I learn that the hard way.....

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
if its not broken or about to break its not a super big safety issue. your alignment will be effected though. so if you absolutely have to drive it you can, but it'd be better if you didn't.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I had it checked this morning and found out that the damage didn't affect the alignment like you guys mentioned. But the mechanic highly recommended to have it replaced if I will not jack up my type2s by an inch or so. I found a subframe from a 99 4 cylinder. Just checking if it's a direct fitment with a 99 v6.

Back