Difference in EGR valves

Snoobly

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the difference is between the 4 cyl and 6 cyl EGR valves? My idle is SUPER low at idle (250rpms warm) and i cleaned my IACV, and the port to the EGR valve, but it still sits that low most of the time. Anyways, i went to buy i new one online and clicked the cheapest EGR valve i saw, read the details and noticed it was for a V6. So i find a 4Cyl one and i cant find any that are under bout 125.00 while the V6 i found as low as 65.00. and they both look the same! If anybody has any imput on my idle problem or my actual question it'd be very helpful, Thanks!

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
they are different!!! if u have i4 then stick to i4...

the v6 egr valve together with the intake manifold...

while the i4 is like a little container looking on the back of the engine!!!

I'm almost sure of what I'm talking about,

someone plz correct me if I'm wrong

Snoobly

Reaction score
they are different!!! if u have i4 then stick to i4...

the v6 egr valve together with the intake manifold...

while the i4 is like a little container looking on the back of the engine!!!

I'm almost sure of what I'm talking about,

someone plz correct me if I'm wrong

I bought the I4 one, i was just wondering. lol

jwong512

Reaction score
Did you clean out your intake manifold/throttle body? That could also be clogged up which could be causing your low idle. Be sure to check that your PCV valve is working and that your air intake filter isn't clogged as well.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Did you clean out your intake manifold/throttle body? That could also be clogged up which could be causing your low idle. Be sure to check that your PCV valve is working and that your air intake filter isn't clogged as well.

I scrubbed that intake and throttle body like no other. its brand new now. i even took a flexible nylon brush in scrubbed the who egr tube. I didn't check the PVC valve though. ill have to check that. Air intake is maintained consistantly, every oil change.

Back