Car won't start

Acclude315

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Honda Accord Lx sedan 4cyl. (5spd MT Swap). I keep up on my oil changes. One night I was driving and I noticed the radio cut off and on, the gauges on the speedometer and RPM started to go down to zero. I replaced the battery, the alternator (after being told my alternator was bad), and a 100amp fuse that was blown. Once installed, everything appeared to be ok. The car was driving normal and there was no indicators lighting up in the dash. Shortly after, I was driving and the lights for the battery, emergency brake, brake lamp, doors ajar came on. The car still drove normal and didn't appear to be sluggish. I turned the car off/on and the lights in the dash still appeared. From there, the check engine light came on. The next day, I go to start my car and the car won't turn over, won't even make a clicking sound, no lights in the dash appear when I turn the key and I can't even roll my window down. Does anyone know what this could be, please help. Thank you

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
check the battery for 12v. if that checks out ok and you still don't have any lights coming on when you turn the key then I'd say main relay.

Acclude315

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I will be looking into the ignition switch and I will check the main relay. I really miss driving my car. I went through HELL changing it to a five speed, so giving up now, is not an option!!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It would be the main relay if you were seeing dash lights come on, and cranking but just not turning over. The main relay just engages the fuel pump. That's not to say it isn't part of all this, but something else is going on here if you're seeing no dash lights and the starter is not even clicking.

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
After rereading your post, I'd say the new alt took a crap and drained your battery. Have you tried getting a jump from someone?

Back