Ughhh!

JaVa054

Banned
Reaction score
I was driving to pick up my Chinese food about an hour ago when i stop at a red light. It turns green and i take my foot off the brake and put my foot on the gas and nothing happens, not even a rev. I try every combination out there like turning the car off and on and nothing happens. Im thinking my effing autotragic! Some people helped me out push my car into a parking lot and about 10 mins later I tried starting my car and nothing. Another 10 mins go by and all the gears are working and the cars driving perfect again. What the hell is going on! My dad thinks I'm insane and lying to his face because the cars running fine right now. Its a 98 coupe v6 with 93k on it. What do you guys think the problem is?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
pretty low miles on it. if you never beat it, the tranny should be fine. mine is a 2000 with 96k and still perfect.

metrick1235

Reaction score
well i had 210,000 before my first one went out..but it was owned by and older couple that didnt go over 55ish.. but still.. it should have still reved... even in park it should still rev.. so i dont think its the transmission or Just the transmission...

JaVa054

Banned
Reaction score
well i had 210,000 before my first one went out..but it was owned by and older couple that didnt go over 55ish.. but still.. it should have still reved... even in park it should still rev.. so i dont think its the transmission or Just the transmission...

the engine sounded like it was running so idk thats why I'm here. Im bringing it to my mechanic tomorrow and i dont wanna look like an *** if nothings wrong with it.

JaVa054

Banned
Reaction score
will low trans fluid do it? how do i check it? i pulled the stick out (thats what she said) and theres 3 dots mine was stuck between the two dots closest to the top/handle. My 07 avalanche only has two, so now I'm confused.

jwong512

Reaction score
I doubt it's cause your low on transmission fluid. I would top off on transmission fluid anyways as it's better to always have it topped off. Have you touched your throttle cable or modified it in some sort of way recently? Sounds like your car just had a loose connection and that explains why your car wasn't responding too well.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
when u tried to start the car up, did it at least turn over or did u just hear a click? might be a bad ground

Back