changing oil pan at the moment!! help!

honda_dude

Reaction score
So i jacked my car up and went under. looks like i need to remove the lower part of the headers?? do i hav to? the bolts are so hard!!!!! help me please! and i got no room is put my handds to loosen the bolts

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you need to remove the y-pipe to get access to remove the oil pan, hit it with some penetrant like PB Blaster and let it soak for a few minutes, then get in there with some tools, you can't use your hands until they're busted loose. Depending on how much room you have under the car, a breaker bar will help loose those rusted nuts.

honda_dude

Reaction score
i got one out...then it started to rain...FML....so which excatly do i remove?? LOL

the 2 places that has 3 bolts that goes up towards the car wen layin down?? i dont remove the one by the oxygen sensor?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There are three that go to the cat, and three on each flange that meet the headers themselves. You don't have to unplug the o2 sensor, but I would just to get the y-pipe completely out of the way.

honda_dude

Reaction score
There are three that go to the cat, and three on each flange that meet the headers themselves. You don't have to unplug the o2 sensor, but I would just to get the y-pipe completely out of the way.

so how many total bolts would i hav to remove? 6?

so the one of the branches of the Y meets the headers which has 3 bolts and the other part of the Y also has 3 bolts but im not sure where it goes to and at the END of the Y there is 2 bolts i think that meets the cat? i hav no clue wat the CAT is. LOL im a noob wen it comes to exhaust

honda_dude

Reaction score
I just finished it!!! it wasnt too bad....took a total of 6 hours!!! LOL i took my time and was going slow but the job is down. BUT!!!! ONE of the oil pan bolt broke!!!! :X its the one close to the transmission where u hav to take the splash guard off to see those 2 long bolt. When it broke i was like WTF!!!! the threaded part of the bolts was still in the thread so i just took the honda-bond or watever that is called and put in all over the bolt and stuck it in there and surrounded the bolt with the silcone too. Hope it doesnt LEAK!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!

wen i took a splash guard off i saw somekind of cluctch or something wen i looked in..wat is that?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
If you already had 6 hours invested you should have gone ahead and removed that broken bolt too lol... would have been your best option so you don't have to worry about doing this all over again when/if it leaks.

honda_dude

Reaction score
If you already had 6 hours invested you should have gone ahead and removed that broken bolt too lol... would have been your best option so you don't have to worry about doing this all over again when/if it leaks.

well the sealant was dried for about an hour already one i found out it broke. i dont mind going bacj and doing it. i i kno how to do it now and it prob take less than off the time if i hav to do it again

Back