4AT or 5MT

datechboss101

Reaction score
My project car is my DD and it sees a lot of downtime for repairs and mods. Dont be an idiot like me and just go pick up another car lol. If you want to mod the CG platform get another cg and modify that and keep lucky as your DD because you know its condition, who drove it its whole life and what accidents/ conditions its been driven under. The other car... not so much so you can get that car a new motor etc.

My project car that I'm looking at are one of the following:
1) Shelby Mustang GT350
2) Ford Mustang GT
3) CG1 Accord (98-00)
4) The holy grail Accord, the 6-6 Sedan (06-07)
5) 04-08 TL
6) Another 3.0 Odyssey (05-07)
7) :flipthebird: Civic :flipthebird:
8) Some Acura
9) Ford F-150
10) CR2 or CR3 Accord Sedan (2013-2017)
11) R34 Nissan Skyline GTR
12) Honda S2000

NOTE: When it comes to domestic brands, I am a Ford guy :squintrun:

Honestly, I'd keep the car AT even if the trans does take a crap. It'll be cheaper and easier in the long run to just replace it with another one (a good used JDM AT is about 600 plus shipping). That's the plan I have for my wife's car (an 00 Accord with AT). She likes the car, so I'm not going to mess with it, other than fix what breaks.
And I do have to agree with Nam, the fuel mileage won't change that much. Going to a 5 speed might even cause it to drop, due to more throttle usage. ;)

If the tranny ever slips (I hope not in the next 4 years), I will have someone (probably dealer) to rebuild the entire tranny. I already have a lead foot, been having VTEC Kick in Yo @ 4500 RPMs.

capsidx

Reaction score
The TL seems to be the most realistic thing on there. IF you want fast and reliable acura is as good as you can get.

capsidx

Reaction score
Said the guy with a cadillac and v6 6 speed swap :lawl: . Probably got them the same week :rofl:

capsidx

Reaction score
Too much risk, for now Ill have to continue ripping off old ladies and taking money from my moms purse lol

capsidx

Reaction score
No one wants used TL and coupe leather seats lol. Or a black carpet, or any of my blacked out interior lol. OR my stickerbombed dashboard which needs to be redone and clear coated.

datechboss101

Reaction score
No one wants used TL and coupe leather seats lol. Or a black carpet, or any of my blacked out interior lol. OR my stickerbombed dashboard which needs to be redone and clear coated.
I need to make my interior dope. And probably have to redo the entire leather wrap on the steering wheel, install the ventilated and heated seat thingys, and retrofit some fogs (its been very foggy recently here).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
Good luck with the seats. They're fun. Interior stuff is the easiest though because theres no torque specs or anything to worry about. Just screws and upholstery. Me personally, im tired of working on engine stuff lol. I cant wait until my biggest problem is that the inside of the car needs to be vacuumed.

Back