Canon T2i

akoutmos

Reaction score
Been lookin at buying a Canon Rebel T2i. Link This is gonna be my first DSLR camera. Was wondering if you guys have read/heard anything about it. I've been lookin around at reviews but seeing as it just came out there is much on it. Most reviews go over video recording rather than its still quality. Thanks for the help!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i'll admit i dont know much about either, but is there a reason you want the t2i over a t1i?

you might be able to find new t1i's pretty much anywhere that hasn't cleared their shelves for the t2i. also, consider a used camera.

i personally wouldn't buy a just-released camera. i bought my camera new, a year-old model, and it came with 1.1 firmware...then i upgraded it to 1.3. if you want perfection, don't buy a new model...

nyknick1015

Reaction score
wow... ii debated with the t2i and the 7d for a while now as a camera to mess around with... they are almost identical... the t2i is def a great camera. I am gonna go with the 7d tho cuz i prefer a more manual functioned camera than the t2i... even tho the t2i is, i feel comfortable with the 7d

xluben

Reaction score
T2i looks to be a GREAT value. It has nearly the same feature set as the 7D, for $1000 less. If you don't need the higher frame rate, more rugged build, or more ergonomic body layout, it's a very good option. It is quite a jump over the T1i that you would have paid the same for last year. Used cameras can offer a very good value as well, but if you want the most current feature set, this is your most affordable option. If you want to save a little money (and especially if you don't need 1080p24 video), then a slightly older used model may be a better choice.

akoutmos

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. The forum link that tnguyen600 posted was very helpful. I was worried about the camera's still abilities since all i hear about is its video capabilities. But that guy's pictures looked amazing. Then again he does have like 10 different high end lenses. Over the t1i, the t2i has greater exposure compensation, slightly faster frames per second, greater megapixels, and its amazing movie mode. For the extra $150 i think i can justify the price and not feel bad :D

Back