window regulator

FCSanchez

Reaction score
i have 2000 honda accord coupe last week the passanger side window stoped going all the way up. its fine until it gets about 2 inches from the top then it starts bouncing up and down and wont finish going all the way up i was told it was likely the regulator but im not sure what it is has anybody had this problem?

Thirteenth

Reaction score
had it in my old 02 civic.
turned out to be the regulator. just to be sure though pop your door panel off and check. it may possibly just be sitting wrong on the track.

repair and dont play with it until you do! i did and i had to jam my window shut with wadded up paper to drive home on a 80mph highway in the middle of ****ing winter.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Make sure the rubber trim around the door isnt stopping the window first. The regulator does get tangled up sometimes. I just got done taking mine out of my toyota avalon, it was all tangled up. The motor is still good, I ordered a new one on ebay with motor for 68$ shipped

itzcharlie

Reaction score
its regulator i had mine fixed about a month ago

its like a toy gun noise when its bouncing up and down right?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing about a month ago, go figure, it was the gear/screw type peice that connected the 2 parts of the regulator together. Mine was warped so it would not hold the to ends parallel, which then caused the actual gear the motor is attached to, to shake and catch and get itself stuck, which caused the shaking/gun like sound. I've memorized what those damn regulators look like from looking at them over and over again but I know what I said was a big run on sentence and probably made little to no sense :thumbup:

On a good note they are simple simple!!! to change out. I found a BNIB one for 60 bucks.

Back