Nissan Guy Getting a Honda

Doobie

Reaction score
Hey guys,*
I'm from lower slower, Delaware age 23. Have owned a few Nissan S13s and eventually want to build another one for fun, but my 02 Chevy cavi is on its last leg I believe.*
So, my gf's friend wants to sell her '99 Honda Accord CG5, 240k+ mi, 5spd, and 7/10 interior, 7/10 exterior. $1500. I just helped this weekend get her a new battery and install and I got to drive it around. Only thing it needs is paint, leaks on heavy rainy days, minor tap & exhaust leak, and random shaking of the steering wheel pulsation above 60mph (happened in one of my s13s and I believe after I changed the tension rods it went away.) so that's my story in a nutshell. What would be causing the vibrations and is there a common leak-prone area in these cars on the drivers side that would lead to a wet carpet? Also, is $1500 a decent price? Lastly, where the heck is a good aftermarket place that is what enjuku racing is for Nissan, for Honda Accord parts? P.S. I am in no way shape or form, looking for big gt wings, altezza style brake lights, tow hooks, neon lights, fart can exhaust, sticker bombs, flat spray paint, or cartoon characters hanging from my wink mirror all the way across my roof, kind of parts. As close to oem or jdm performance parts only.*
Thanks!*
Mike

CokeZero

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

$1500 is on the money for the car, I'd go for 1200. These cars dont make much power unless you want to do a swap. More like a peppy little daily driver.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. That is a lot of miles but for the money it is a decent deal, the manual models are solid and if you get it on the cheap and spend a bit to get it looking good and functioning fine, you’ll have yourself a dependable/fun DD. Anyway for the vibration issue I’d check your ball joints, get an alignment check, and/or see if the rotors are warped. And of course check tire condition and re-balance if necessary. Otherwise, check for loose bushings, etc in the suspension. I’m not sure about your leak, that is uncommon in these cars but if you search the site a little someone else may have experienced something similar.

No need to worry about being recommended crappy parts, 98% of the people here don’t like giant wings, altezza tail lights, painting drum brakes neon green, etc. But I regret to inform you that there is a CRAP ton of horrible aftermarket parts for the 6GA. For whatever reason it is plagued by hordes of 3rd party vendors that want to make it look like a Civic. So if you want good parts in many instances you have to spend the money, or be able to fabricate or retrofit your own. And since there is no JDM version of this car, there are no real JDM parts…though tons of stuff is advertised as such, like headlights. There is a European version of the 6GA though.

There are sites that sell quality stuff, you just have to look for them. I think there are a couple threads about sites/vendors people use on a regular basis, try the search tool. Also if you look in the product review section for whatever part you’re looking for, each review lists where the person bought it from.

I found this site the other day that sells quality interior CF parts:
http://special-carbonfiber.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=199

Doobie

Reaction score
Awesome thank you so much. I'm happy to be part of the 6ga and I plan to help and be helped. And I come from Zilvia so I won't be asking many questions that will have already been asked, with this post as an exception. Thanks everyone!

Varnell

Reaction score
Knowledgeable members are always welcome. I was offered a 5spd 300zx last week for my Accord. If I didn't need the cash, or if it was TT, I would have accepted the trade in a second. lol

Doobie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yea I'm not big on the Z32s. RedRyder, it's a 4dr so may not fit the 4dr bumper correctly? I'm not sure

Doobie

Reaction score
Awesome thanks on the info! Can't wait to pick this car up with tax returns!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home.

Since you're a Nissan Guy, you might find this parts (and the brand) interesting:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49071

Thanks guys. Yea I'm not big on the Z32s. RedRyder, it's a 4dr so may not fit the 4dr bumper correctly? I'm not sure
Seriously!? I still think Z32 is the sexiest z-car (designed by 100% Japanese designers, before Renault's Carlos Ghosn took over the company's operation).

Back