Problem with door hinges?

rizal2003

Reaction score
Dear All,

I own an '02 accord Sedan and noticed that I have to slam the passanger door a bit in order for it to shut properly. What is the cause of this problem?

Is it the hinge? What if I adjust the hinge? Will it still align the door against the body?

osiriskidd

Reaction score
step 1. track down every person who's ever slammed your door.

step 2. stab them with hot butter knives.

step 3. take their wallet and credit cards, and while they're unconscious take your car to a mechanic and have them mess with it.

seriously i wouldn't know :D
but i'd like to know too.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
grab the bottom of the door when it's open and lift up while looking at the hinges..that will tell you if they are messed up or lose

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
also look for any paint missing because it was rubbed off. that will give you an idea if it needs to up/down/back etc.

rizal2003

Reaction score
Thanks.. Done the checking and there is no sign of loose hinges when I tried to lift up the door... could it be the "steel plate" at the body besides the seat (I don't know what is it called)?

Could that be the problem?

rizal2003

Reaction score
Thanks.. striker plate it is... now, if I adjust it? Will the passanger door still aligned to the body? Or it will bulge out slightly? Anyone tried adjusting it before?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i was thinking it was the striker plate when i first read it because the door will most likely contact the body if the actual henge is shot (in my experience). I haven't adjusted one on a honda, i've done it on my jag. It was years ago, it was sticking to far in. I just moved it out and slowly brought it back in. I'd try to figure out what is wrong and go slowly. I don't know how easy it is on hondas.

You can probably get this done cheaply at a bodyshop though if you are concerned. I know more than a few people who got into accidents, door had issues and they didn't want to fix so they paid someone to just make it functional.

Back