Check Engine Light Doesnt Show on Ignition,car Doesnt Start

saqi44

Reaction score
the last thing i did with my car was changed the distributor,and the clutch plate pressure plate was changed for the transmission, after that many times it happened that when i turn the ignition ON, the check engine light does not show on the Cluster, then i go to the engine bay, i take out all the high tension cords and reattach them,and take all the wires out from the sensors on throttle and reinsert them, some times the car starts and sometimes it doesnt,,, from where should i start? the car cranks but does not start....what thing should i do next time if the car doesnt start,,,,,point to be noted,the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT does not show on cluster when i turn the key at ON and the car doesnt start,when the CEL shows at the cluster, then it starts??where should i start from?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Your keyboard seems to be broken. It is interfering with your ability to create a proper sentence.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
TRANSLATED FOR HIM:

The last thing I worked on my car was as follows: Changed the distributor and changed the clutch pressure plate. After doing this, several times, when the key was placed to the ON position on the ignition, the Cluster wouldn't show the Check Engine Light. I'd then go to the engine bay, remove all the high tension cords and reattach them. I'd then unplug the wires from the throttle body sensors and replug them right back in. Some times the car cranks and fires. Other times it doesn't. Currently, the car attempts to crank over, but doesn't start. It seems to only crank when the CEL is visible on the cluster? Suggestions and ideas?

james'99

Reaction score
Sounds like a main relay issue to me. I can link you to the repair I did on mine. The check engine light tests when the fuel pump runs when turning the key on, if the check engine light doesn't test, your fuel pump hasn't run. Main relay also controls distributor as I recall...

Edit: Here is the link with my repair. Read through the posts on page one of it as well...
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48617&page=2

Last edited:

douging

Reaction score
Sounds like a main relay issue to me. I can link you to the repair I did on mine. The check engine light tests when the fuel pump runs when turning the key on, if the check engine light doesn't test, your fuel pump hasn't run. Main relay also controls distributor as I recall...

Edit: Here is the link with my repair. Read through the posts on page one of it as well...
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48617&page=2

Hope this works for the OP. Keep looking for other things that are related to the pre-start check. Otherwise I would check over the wiring again and again. I know on some other cars if the ECU is unplugged the CEL does not come on. On those cars it was because I had plugged the wrong wires into things. I started from there and worked my way back. Hope it starts soon.

Back