alignment/ 5 speed swap question

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Im about to order my coilovers right now and they should be coming in later this week. I was looking into getting them installed and getting an alignment right after next week. In the next 2 weeks, I will also be getting my 5 speed swap done. Will doing the 5 speed swap involve removing suspension parts which will throw off my alignment?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
^^This. Since the car is going to be down for a while when doing the 5 speed swap, just swap the suspension then.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know that i'm going to be extremely tempted to get them installed right away but i''ll have to contain myself.lol. Thanks again.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
The 5 speed swap wont be happening for another month atleast. My coilovers are coming in tomorrow so the question I have now is, will I be alright getting them installed and driving on them for another month while I wait on the swap and the alignment? Wont be driving too much and was thinking about only a 2 inch drop. Will my car be hard to drive and wear the tires?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You can drive on them, but there will be more inner wear than normal. Won't be hard to drive on them though. But I'd still wait to install the suspension, or just buy a years worth of alignments for a little more. An alignment is cheaper than tires.

Varnell

Reaction score
You'll most likely need a second alignment after the springs settle anyway, unless they're used.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I might just buy the year worth of alignments instead if the price is right. They are brand new coilovers so they will have to settle in.

Back