Leo's 2000 white coupe v6 (56k)

LeoY

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been around for a minute, finally making a ride thread, I feel like the car is starting to get to the point where it's worth making one. She is still work in progress and definitely has some scrapes and bruises, but it's steadily getting better.
Before it was a little embarrassing. For the most part she is a daily driver, that I got a decent deal on, I did decide however that just because it's a daily, doesn't mean I can't make it look decent and be comfortable/reliable.

Also I would like to thank all of you who helped me with advice and parts, especially Xci.ed6, he answered a lot of my stupid questions.

Engine/Performance.
V6 4 speed AT (original, knock on wood).
Cold air intake.

Suspension.
Apexi N1 Coilovers
Ichiba 20mm spacer on the back

Lighting.
2000 fog lights.
Retrofit bi-xenon headlights

Body.
2001-2002 rear bumper.
OEM front lip.
OEM Replica sides and back
17x8 TL Wheels with 215/50/17 Ohtsu tires for the summer.
Stock steelies for the winter.
Rolled back fenders.

Random:
Remote starter.
Half nose mask.
Yakima roof rack system with old style fairing (winter)
Weathertech in channel rain guards.

Future plans:
Possibly 35% tint.
Leather interior swap.
Heated seats.
Sound deadening.
Magnaflow exhaust, if stock ever rusts away.
Fuel lines swap (when needed).

Here is the car when I first bought it.
X12AvS4.jpg

i71OON0.jpg

The front and the back bumper were really scuffed up, front torn, and the previous owner took out the check engine light, fortunately once I found that out, it was just a matter of cleaning the carbon build up out and resetting everything.

I cleaned everything up the best I could, money was tight due to random circumstances for a while, my dirt bike was eating up a lot too lol
rCvT88m.jpg

aVet7Wq.jpg

AMaBCEI.jpg

NKbT1vj.jpg

JbOCi2z.jpg

qi8yN4x.jpg

fBsm1kG.jpg

uS5Ob5j.jpg

Then I had a blow out heading to the city, and since my grandma was leaving the country next day, I felt like I still had to make it up to see her, so I drove another 100 some miles that day, and had to cut the back bumper to make it happen. It was a sad day.
Fknz5J7.jpg

si6lMjH.jpg

gkqRTiw.jpg

I soon found a front bumper with oem lip, it was scarred, but salvageable, plus it had fogs in it and the guy let it go for a 100 bucks, with most of the wiring, I picked up the part of the harness that I was missing from xci.ed6 and wired it just like the oem fogs would be wired.
yovOXJZ.jpg

siiWcPv.jpg

Newer bumper on.
Yt772Sv.jpg

Also found a 2001 back bumper in Chicago for cheap and picked that up.
nu5opf9.jpg

Found a Yakima rack. Coilovers were also on, but I am keeping the car just where it barely clears all the snow and speed bumps around here.
trd4SQ3.jpg

Found an old style fairing.
JFlHEQm.jpg

ppXJEMC.jpg

Went to get the alignment done, got told I had 2 bad upper, 1 bad lower ball joint and a bad tie rod. Replaced all ball joints, all sway bar links and tie rods and installed a blue tooth radio I wanted.
ALg1SnQ.jpg

Found 05 tl rims, they all had road rash, but none too deep, sanded filled and painted everything myself. Bought all 4 for 140 bucks.
0PuX9Ol.jpg

Installed the Rear lip and side skirts, stripped the old bumper, did some body work, painted, it's not perfect but I am pretty happy.
G49MbrM.jpg

3WuEZHM.jpg

Finally got my retrofit headlights in, picked those up from SD_Retrofit on IG, once they went in I snapped the front lip all the way... Fortunately best friends dad is amazing with body work, he ground 2 lip sides down, countersunk the screws, plastic welded the bumper, then filled it all. You can't tell the break was ever there. After that I stripped everything and painted:
ECJrvdc.jpg

GMMj7TL.jpg

DPkN7dQ.jpg

n3d5nUP.jpg

WO9mV6p.jpg

6zQgQok.jpg

In 3 weeks, once the paint is cured, I am going to wet sand it, buff and wax the hell out of it. Will post some more pictures then.

Thank you for looking.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Wow, really nice work getting this car looking good! Sounds like the body work was done right too. Can't believe you found an OEM lip and fogs on a bumper for $100, such a steal. And TL wheels for $140 ain't bad either.

Hard to get a much better looking car on that budget, nice finds. Keep it up.

LeoY

Reaction score
Wow, really nice work getting this car looking good! Sounds like the body work was done right too. Can't believe you found an OEM lip and fogs on a bumper for $100, such a steal. And TL wheels for $140 ain't bad either.

Hard to get a much better looking car on that budget, nice finds. Keep it up.

Thank you RedRyder, means a lot coming from you! The wheels were also original Enkeis, not replicas, drove almost a 100 miles to get them, but I feel it was worth it.

I really do love the car, at first it was just tail lights, but now it's the whole package. Hope to keep it running for a long time! Actually after seeing the fogs on yours before, I got really sold on that design. You have a pretty amazing ride!

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
The car looks good. I agree with Chris, you really got a deal on that bumper and the wheels.

LeoY

Reaction score
The car looks good. I agree with Chris, you really got a deal on that bumper and the wheels.

The guy wanted 150 for the bumper and all, and I had no problem paying him that. When I got there he talked himself out of it, said it had too many scratches and was in worse shape than he remembered so he would only take a 100.... I didn't argue much lol.

Anyways thank you, the forum, along with everyone's ride threads has been invaluable help when it came to working on the car.

Back