A/C compressor & dryer

Reaction score
I went to a local shop (Balzwick tire in Turlock California) to a noise checked out when my front defroster was. He said that it was the compressor bering. Has anyone had to replaise the compressor & dryer?

cajun

Reaction score
Not on my Accord, but on my prev vehicle. Are you hearing a kind of rattling sound when the compressor is engaged? Be prepared for some crazy estimates if you bring it somewhere. I got one for >$1,000, and that was with a rebuilt compressor.

I ended up doing it myself after the compr started leaking, but you'll need some shop equipment to draw down your system after you put it back together + you'll need to charge it back up. As your shop suggested you should always replace the dryer if you have the system open for repair.

Reaction score
Not on my Accord, but on my prev vehicle. Are you hearing a kind of rattling sound when the compressor is engaged? Be prepared for some crazy estimates if you bring it somewhere. I got one for >$1,000, and that was with a rebuilt compressor.

I ended up doing it myself after the compr started leaking, but you'll need some shop equipment to draw down your system after you put it back together + you'll need to charge it back up. As your shop suggested you should always replace the dryer if you have the system open for repair.

It sounds like a pig squelling. I was thinking that it might be a belt, but I had my maintenence done a few months ago and they were good. By the way I have an '01 V6 sedan with about 97,7xx miles on it.

Back