Help hesitant acceleration,sluggish

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Ok ill start from the being i filled up my car at the pump the next day the check engine light came on and my first thought was its the gas cap(haven't replaced it). So i disconnect the battery and reset it light is gone,so i drive it another day then on the way home it started started plausing as im driving then car starts to smell like gas in the car.

Release the pressure from thr cap and tighten it as much as i can,drives fine thr next day...till it started not to rev passed 4500 rpm it can but it feels like it pauses as im accelerating. It feels like the engine is under load by the time i accelerate from a stop light up 3000 rpm its very sluggish i have to let it shift early.

What should i do?? Im thinking of changing the plugs,cap,rotor and wires.

I try putting a fuel injector cleaner and pumped gas today idle is back to normal not low and little ruff,acceleration is still sluggish.

Last edited:

rooky

Reaction score
Re: Help!!

Dude you bought bad gas yo. that bad gas may already damage your fuel injector then the engine.

rooky

Reaction score

Red-Ryder who and what are you talking about?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score

Red-Ryder who and what are you talking about?

He's talking to the OP regarding rule 5 about posting (see the link). You're not supposed to just put "Help" as the title. You're supposed to put a descriptive title of some sort.

As for the issue. Hopefully the CEL will show up again and you can read it. That can possibly help you pinpoint the issue.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score

Dude you bought bad gas yo. that bad gas may already damage your fuel injector then the engine.

I may have cuz i just topped it off and it didn't seem like it did much...and i filled up last nite and add some fuel injector cleaner to help but still does the same.

james'99

Reaction score
There has to be a pending code or something. Take it to an auto parts and get the codes read. It's too bad that you couldn't get that first code. You could also use the paper clip method, but I don't know if it works for pending codes.

Back