Exchanging Money

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
So i need to exchange a good ammount of money for a trip i'm going on. Anyone know where the best place to get money exchanged (US for CAD) and not get raped on the charge?

I4 CG5

Reaction score
You can exchange it at the border. Not sure what the charge is, though. A LOT of Canadians stay at the hotel I work at, and they say they exchange it at the border

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
the US currency dropped so much, i remember back in the day where $100 US dollar would exchange for $150 canadian, but now they're just about even so you don't even have to exchange anymore. The border usually charges $5 canadian per exchange transaction fyi.

nexTOme

Reaction score
i exchanged 1000usd worth of japanese money at boa with no hassle/fee.

just went in, they checked if it was real, and did it for me right away. of course, i had account with them. hope this helps.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
:canada: muahahahahahhaa canadian dollar powaaa :canada:

:darryl:

Ermm anyways, when we came to the states we exchanged our money at a bank here before we left, they did it for free but they make their money by charging a higher rate than what its trading at. Just make sure you don't take out too much cuz then when you convert it back after you're done you'll have to pay the exchange rate again and just lose more money.

Back