Ff type 2 coilover question

accusedaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys so within the next week i will hopefully be getting my first set of coilovers, i havent decided how low i want to go as some of the roads where i live are garbage, i know i want at least a 2" drop and i had a question, i was considering tein street advance and ff type 2's, what would the minimum drop be on the f 2's be? I couldnt seem to find it. And from what ive read tein would be a smoother ride and they're better quality, but i wouldnt be able to go as low as ff's, any input on what set i should go with would be appreciated, thanks

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I believe that the ffs are a 2.5in drop all the way up, don't quote me on that though. And yes, if you want to maintain ride comfort and quality go with the TEINs, but if you want to go lower and still have a somewhat comfortable(opinion based obviously) ride go with the f2s.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Completely agree.

Mine is slammed on type 2's and it's really not bad. But if you static slam any car it's not going to be comfortable by popular definition, but it's nice for what it is. If you only want a 2 inch drop, go Tein. You'll save a lot of comfort.

Brad2274

Reaction score
^this
I had tein SS, didnt lower me as much as i wanted but very comfy, street advance probably goes a bit lower

accusedaccord

Reaction score
So i contacted function and form and was told "The Standard drop height for all Function and Form kits is 1 to 3 inches." If this was the case i could go lower then teins but raise it a little if needed, im still undecided on what to buy but i have make a choice soon lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the f2 type 2's have been damn near the worst suspension i've had on any car i've owned. one blew two days after i installed them, another five months later. i bought them brand new directly from function form. if i didn't need my car daily and would've had another suspension to put on it, i would've returned them after the first one blew...but from what i've heard of their customer service, i'm not sure how well that would've worked out either. for a comparison, the ksports i had before them last for 5 years and about 45k miles before one started leaking, the other three were still going strong.

if i won a free suspension from function form, i'd give them money to keep it. it's trash.

one thing i find funny about function form is that they claim their suspension to be good on the street or the track...like most other suspension companies. only, i've never seen or heard of a legit, track going race car that runs any function form components. based on my experience, they'd be good at putting your car into the wall through failure and terrible handling.

i'd go with the tein's if those are the only two you're considering. tein's are at least a quality and proven product.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Have Tein SS here and people say my car is the best riding car with coils. Obviously, that's opinion based, but they do ride exceptionally well for being all the way down, even with a collar out in the front.

Just wish they went lower though

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
I have FF2 ... 1st one blew 4 months after installed 2nd one blew 2 weeks after warranty expired had to pay $100 for a replacement shock. Within 7 months 2 more blew and I haven't changed them smh. When I get the chance I'll take them off sell them for $300 and buy something better.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Another good brand for coilovers would be BC Racing. They're what I am running. They are a little more expensive but you can go as low as you wish and you are also able to pick your spring rates or go with the default rates. You get what you pay to.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I've been running FF Type 1 for almost 3 years now and I've had to replace one blown rear shock (no leaks but the rod wasn't rebounding as quick as it's supposed to when pushed downwards and was making a clunking noise). Other than that, I've been daily-ing them for a little over 30k miles and I am suprised they've lasted this long, TBH. Just wish I had a stiffer setup.

Back