HELP! ID this vehicle!

xluben

Reaction score
It appears someone tried to get into my house today while I was out.

Here is a picture and what I managed to figure out so far:

747614261_4xmus-XL.jpg

Car1 and Car2 are my wife and I. As you can see by our tracks we went straight out of the garage this morning. You can also tell that it didn't snow anymore during the day (after we left). We both have snow tires with deep tread, so it was obvious this was a different vehicle.

Mystery car drove in from the left side of the picture and spun his wheels going up the driveway, and then stopped partway up. I know he has 4 wheel drive based on the front tires slipping on the way up.

He then got out (right side of the photo), tried the side door of my garage (locked), and climbed up a hill/flower garden on the side of the house. He stopped at the chain link fence at the rear corner of my house and walked back down around the flower garden in the snow. When he left, he backed out following a similar path that he entered on.

His shoe/boot is the "Rocky" brand and is considerably larger than a size 10.5 (US Mens) that I wear. Any help identifying the exact shoe or the vehicle would be appreciated! Based on the wheelbase and 4 wheel drive, I am guessing a small truck, but a larger car may be possible.

*My house was not broken into. It looks like he may have just been checking around.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Good time for an 'ADT upgrade' if you don't have it already.

Perhaps an SUV, rather than a pickup truck.

Boots look like they are fairly new, are there alot of places that sell that brand locally?

Perhaps check and see if they sold a size 12-14 lately?

Going to be pretty hard to get more info from this situation, unless you have neighbours you can depend on that you can follow up with.

At least your home wasn't broken in to.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
hopefully it was just a guy trying to deliver a package or something...but if you live in a pretty close-knit neighborhood I would send out an email or letter warning people about your situation and to keep their eyes open.

xluben

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think this info is enough to do anything. I called the po-po and they said they couldn't do anything. I didn't fingerprint the doorknob yet, though. Haha, kidding.

I did talk to one of the neighbors, and I might call others. Don't really know most of them though. Camera or security system might be the next step.

I doubt it was a delivery. I get packages from various carriers quite a bit and the front door is very obvious (and NOT on the side of my garage). Climbing up the retaining wall / flower garden probably wasn't an easy task either, let alone walking back in 6+ inches of snow, haha. If you saw the place I think you'd agree that it was not a mistaken delivery :(

xluben

Reaction score
I just realized that front wheels spinning does not mean 4 wheel drive. It means that it's definitely not rear wheel drive only. I can't really tell if the rear wheels spun at all.

twokAccord

Reaction score
She might help you!

11418480_gal.jpg

She did a great job identifying the vehicle in the film "My Cousin Vinny" :lawl:

Back