99 accord 4dr 2.3 camshaft position sensor location?

txiong119

Reaction score
Does anyone know where its located on the 2.3 4cyln f23 engine? My check engine light came on and that was the problem.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Do you mean crankshaft position sensor?? Not sure we have a camshaft position sensor.
What was the CEL code you got???
158868988.jpg

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
camshaft position sensor is built into the dizzy. time for a new one, I gotta do the same before the spring when I plan for my retune.

txiong119

Reaction score
I took it to autozone to do the check and the dude told me it was the camshaft position sensor and he couldnt find that sensor in their shop.I told my cousin to bring his to check what it is and the code "P1382" Cylinder position sensor no signal came up.Then my cousin turn the check engine off with that device.I turn on my car and it was gone,I havent took it out to drive to c if the light will come back on yet cause im still at work.

if it does come back on,where can i find the sensor? dealer? cause the local shops like autozone,oreilly,etc...doesn't have it

001Stunna

Reaction score
I took it to autozone to do the check and the dude told me it was the camshaft position sensor and he couldnt find that sensor in their shop.I told my cousin to bring his to check what it is and the code "P1382" Cylinder position sensor no signal came up.Then my cousin turn the check engine off with that device.I turn on my car and it was gone,I havent took it out to drive to c if the light will come back on yet cause im still at work.

if it does come back on,where can i find the sensor? dealer? cause the local shops like autozone,oreilly,etc...doesn't have it

Take our your sparkplugs and check the gap on them and make sure it is set at the correct specification(0.039-0.043inch). Put the tiniest amount of antisieze on the sparkplug threads and install them back on the engine by hand. Once they are hand tight; torque them down to 13 ft lb. Check your sparkplug wires for cracks, any marks that indicate arcing(white marks along the body of the wires). If all looks ok on the surface check inside the boots on both sides that the connectors are in good condition. If all looks ok re-install your plug wires. Make sure everything is tight in place at both the distributor cap and each of the plug boots. If all of the above checks out ok and the problem presists you'll most likely need to replace the distributor ignition housing, or you can replace the whole distributor to make things easy.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I will try it out first thing tommorrow before i go to work,Thanks man!

To do all i mentioned assuming you have a wrench, a sparkplug socket, a sparkplug gap tool, some anti-seize and a simple torque wrench shouldn't take you longer then 20-30mins max if you take your time at it. It'd be ideal for the sparkplug removal/install to be done on a cold engine.

txiong119

Reaction score
To do all i mentioned assuming you have a wrench, a sparkplug socket, a sparkplug gap tool, some anti-seize and a simple torque wrench shouldn't take you longer then 20-30mins max if you take your time at it. It'd be ideal for the sparkplug removal/install to be done on a cold engine.

I have all the tools,just that im still at work,work m-f 3pm-11:30pm,I will do it tommor asap

Back