Speedometer drops to zero

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Using a multimeter, is there continuity to ground on all of the pins of the connector?

The only connector I've checked was the one on the vss itself and everything was good. I'm really trying to find someone with a scanner that shows mph because that would narrow down my issue

xci.ed6

Reaction score
for a scanner, try ebay...

I have a 'real' scanner, but I haven't used it in years. A bluetooth OBD2 adapter with 'Torque' on Android kicks ***!

I just bought another adapter at like $10. They last ~2yr before they die, so still a lot cheaper to toss in the trash then my 'real' scanner was!

Jordan_H

Reaction score
for a scanner, try ebay...

I have a 'real' scanner, but I haven't used it in years. A bluetooth OBD2 adapter with 'Torque' on Android kicks ***!

I just bought another adapter at like $10. They last ~2yr before they die, so still a lot cheaper to toss in the trash then my 'real' scanner was!

My friend just bought one so when his arrives im going to use it if I haven't solved my problem. Also I was wondering where the chassis side cluster connector that you were talking is located

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IDK where it is, kinda guessed there...

look at any giant connector & see if the VSS wire is there. I haven't checked the wiring diagram to see.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Almost all of my diagrams are from google, until I figure out how to fix one of my computers (really, 3 break in 3 months...interwebs must hate me)

Back